Harper's Island

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
I wish I had asked this earlier so that if anyone else besides me watched this, we could discuss what was going on.

I loved it and even cheated a bit by going to Wikipedia to see what went on and who was killed before I watched it. I didn't however, do that before the final episode. In case you didn't see this series or hear about it, it was a mystery about a wedding that was to be held on this island that in years past, had a serial killer. The killings began again and the audience was supposed to try and guess who the killer was. In every episode, one or more people were killed and by the last episode, there were only about five people left, so it was naturally easier to guess. I missed totally until the end, but even then, I had it down to two different people. I really enjoyed this and would like to see more of this type of programming. I'm getting tired of the reality type shows and need something different. However, CBS decided early on that this show was not going to be a success in the US by moving it to a late Saturday spot, thereby giving it the death penalty long before it was even half over. It was shown in many other countries at the original time slot and that is how Wikipedia was able to get the lowdown on what went on.

So, did anyone else watch this and if so, what did you think?

I tried watching it myself. I kind of liked the eye candy, but the story line just didn't appeal to me. I would have watched the second episode, but my wife thought is was just a lousy show.

I agree. I watched the 1st episode and it just didn't capture my attention enough to watch again.
Now Hell's Kitchen returns 7/21. I can hardly wait. Oh, and the winner will be who ever is behind the left door if you're looking from the outside. Unless the producers have been reading about this trend and decide to cross us up. To date its been alternating between left and right and male/female. Look it up.

Back
Top Bottom