Harvick has the momentum!

It's a pretty good Final 4 this year if I'm being objective about it this season despite the fact I'm not big on the Homestead Bowl.

NASCAR needs to ensure that either the 4 or the 19 wins this Sunday. If they don’t, the sport will most certainly lose another 20% of the already very small fan base.

I'm no Kyle fan but people quit watching because he wins Cup races? That's lame.

It's a pretty good Final 4 this year if I'm being objective about it this season despite the fact I'm not big on the Homestead Bowl.
There’s nobody there this year where it feels like they don’t belong. Truex has 7 wins, Denny has 6, and KyBu and Harvick each have 4. There’s not a fluky champion in the bunch.

5E7EBFC8-B32A-4DE1-9406-4EB9B18EC412.png
How on Earth would Logano be leading under any format?
With consistency. Something that doesn't matter anymore.

yeah well I call B.S. on that thing. How in the hell can Logano with 2 wins, 11 top 5's and 20 top 10's Be higher than Harvick with 4 wins, 14 top 5's and 25 top 10's. I didn't waste my time looking at the other drivers.

yeah well I call B.S. on that thing. How in the hell can Logano with 2 wins, 11 top 5's and 20 top 10's Be higher than Harvick with 4 wins, 14 top 5's and 25 top 10's. I didn't waste my time looking at the other drivers.

Because the points system they've concocted is actually much worse than the old Latford system, and Logano has a large lead in total stage points.

https://m.nascar.com/news-media/2019/02/17/stage-points-for-2019-monster-energy-series/

Logano is definitely your first half of the race 2019 champion.

Yeah. I don't like how much weight is put into the stage points myself. Would have preferred the top 5 in stages and 50 points to the race winner.

Also I thought it was kinda gimmicky they put 4 stages in the Coke 600 personally.

Non-playoff standings are accurate, just hard to believe.

0 DNF's for Logano because "every point matters"

for you he was, I thought Kyle Busch won the season championship.

I meant that Logano was the king of performing well in the first half of races this year. He's about fifth with stage points removed, about where you'd expect him to be based on final race results.

Those points are indicative of something, but it isn't the 'classic' way of doing things as some may assume.

Back
Top Bottom