Has Kyle Busch (at age 37) gained a step?

No he gained a team that was fully behind him, unlike where he used to be
But maybe it was his piss-a$$ed attitude and entitlement for the reason his team wasn't behind him. No one wants to work with a jacka$$.
Even his crew chief got fed up with him and changed teams. He's new here and hasn't had time to piss 'em all off yet.

I think Kyle has legitimately gained a step. He's driving for a new team. Sometimes a change of scenery is all you need to regain motivation, & he's an all time great who hasn't even turned 38 yet. He could be entering a second prime & that's scary for the rest of the competition. If he gains more momentum & wins a couple titles with RCR, he could be entering Jeff Gordon territory in a few years.

What was Joe Gibbs thinking letting him go to a rival team? He picked Martin Truex Jr. & Denny Hamlin over Kyle Busch. Hamlin I could understand, has been with Gibbs for a long time. But Truex? I don't know, Kyle is going to make The Preacher look bad. He let a young Joey Logano walk as well.

I think Kyle has legitimately gained a step. He's driving for a new team. Sometimes a change of scenery is all you need to regain motivation, & he's an all time great who hasn't even turned 38 yet. He could be entering a second prime & that's scary for the rest of the competition. If he gains more momentum & wins a couple titles with RCR, he could be entering Jeff Gordon territory in a few years.

What was Joe Gibbs thinking letting him go to a rival team? He picked Martin Truex Jr. & Denny Hamlin over Kyle Busch. Hamlin I could understand, has been with Gibbs for a long time. But Truex? I don't know, Kyle is going to make The Preacher look bad. He let a young Joey Logano walk as well.
I think it was a mixed bag on letting Logano go. It is true that he has been incredible for Penske and one of the best if not the best for the last 10 years. But if my memory is correct Kenseth did come in and win 7 races as his JGR replacement the following season.

I think Loganos departure from JGR was good for himself and Penske but it was also good for JGR with the almost instant sucess they got from Kenseth.

I just believe Logano was in a funk at JGR for whatever reason and the change was good for all parties. He almost got instantly better with Penske, I have no idea why but the results are hard to deny. I still wonder if we would have ever seen the Logano that we see today had he remained at JGR.

I still don't know whether MARS decision to not re-up him at JGR was strictly a business decision based on finances or whether they just got tired of his antics and decided they just didn't want to sponsor him any more. I do know that they almost dropped their sponsorship of him after the Ron Hornady incident years ago. The Coach was successful in talking them into remaining however.

It is my umderstanding that last year, the Coach was willing to continue to pay him out of his personal funds in order to keep him at JGR after no sponsor could be found. Apparently Kyle was just not comfortable with that type of arrangement however.

I still don't know whether MARS decision to not re-up him at JGR was strictly a business decision based on finances or whether they just got tired of his antics and decided they just didn't want to sponsor him any more. I do know that they almost dropped their sponsorship of him after the Ron Hornady incident years ago. The Coach was successful in talking them into remaining however.

It is my umderstanding that last year, the Coach was willing to continue to pay him out of his personal funds in order to keep him at JGR after no sponsor could be found. Apparently Kyle was just not comfortable with that type of arrangement however.
Either way, RCR has been on the upswing since last year. Kyle will benefit greatly from this move, while JGR will lament not keeping him around, regardless of why it happened.

Either way, RCR has been on the upswing since last year. Kyle will benefit greatly from this move, while JGR will lament not keeping him around, regardless of why it happened.
Like him or hate him, it's just not going to be the same seeing the bright yellow 18 with him behind the wheel on the track this year. It was always the easiest car to find on the track and it was always making some kind of statement, either good or bad.

I get the feeling he’s going to propel this opportunity to go nuclear like Larson in 2021.
I was just about to say this this morning. He might be back to being a threat each and every week, I need to see more in terms of him grabbing another early season win here. I really can see him having a season like his 2008 one (before his flameout in the Chase.)

Dear Lord, please let the bandito win in Texas, Amen.

1677507047621.png

I was just about to say this this morning. He might be back to being a threat each and every week, I need to see more in terms of him grabbing another early season win here. I really can see him having a season like his 2008 one (before his flameout in the Chase.)
I have had some Chevy smack talk fun after Kyle's win at California, but this could be really huge for Chevrolet in the next few years.

I think HMS obviously is currently the strongest team in the Cup Series, and RCR has been the Chevy B team for decades. It was never in the cards, but hypothetically speaking, if Busch had returned to HMS, I could only see the potential for a slight improvement at best. Kyle B is still Kyle B, and it would have probably wouldn't haven't ended well.

The move to RCR puts him in a place of everyone knowing he will be the team's leading driver. At least I think Austin and everyone else there understands the prerequisite, I don't think they would have ever pursued Kyle without at least making that concession.

IMO RCR probably had the highest ceiling for improvement in terms of becoming the best. I am not trying to discredit Austin. I think he is a very good driver and worthy of the RCR equipment. I just don't think he is among the very few who would be considered elite. RCR has good stuff they just needed a little more to get there, maybe Kyle will help get them there.

Kyle will still have to demonstrate more maturity than he has in the past, but I think the team scenario is different than anywhere he is ever been, it a different type of opportunity Maybe enough to make his experience count in ways that it never has before

Busch leaving JGR is like a love affair gone south. Once the chemistry is gone, there is no revitalizing it. Busch leaving JGR was good for them both. The love/chemistry was gone. A new love affair started at RCR. Kyle is a winner, he gives his all and when he gets angry it is born of frustration. His shoot from the ip comments are fewer these days as he matures. NASCAR Fans are fickle and use every word uttered as a slight or self-incriminating action taken as a negative.

He is the best out there right now and will be a serious contender whether he drives for RCR, Front Row Motor Sports or an independent team. His nemesis might be Ross Chastain who drives more like Dale Earnhardt, Sr., than anyone since Earnhardt, Sr.

KDB had become too toxic, and Mars didn’t want to continue being fronted by such an individual when they just want to sell candy, particularly to kids. Mars also was likely looking for an exit relative to the $$$ as that was an expensive bill.

Busch was likely getting no significant interest from any major team like SHR (would have replaced Almirola if Tony $ company wanted him to). Kyle even said he was looking at multiple options that included racing in a different series, or just retiring. The RCR deal was a perfect fit for moving that team to the next level (since up and coming Reddick bolted for a future with Hambone and MJ). RCR had proven competitive with the new generation car. KDB was genuinely courted and appreciated the opportunity.

So yes, KDB has taken a big step in his new team. Fresh start, and he’s even behaving himself so far. I think this experience will influence him similarly to the one where he broke his leg, but in a different way. He saw a real potential for a bleak future, and hopefully it humbled him to reflect and reset his approach. If so it will be a good thing for him and the sport. Yes we need people to wear dark hats, but we need redemption stories as well.

Hambone has been and is the top nasty black hat now.

KDB had become too toxic, and Mars didn’t want to continue being fronted by such an individual when they just want to sell candy, particularly to kids. Mars also was likely looking for an exit relative to the $$$ as that was an expensive bill.

Busch was likely getting no significant interest from any major team like SHR (would have replaced Almirola if Tony $ company wanted him to). Kyle even said he was looking at multiple options that included racing in a different series, or just retiring. The RCR deal was a perfect fit for moving that team to the next level (since up and coming Reddick bolted for a future with Hambone and MJ). RCR had proven competitive with the new generation car. KDB was genuinely courted and appreciated the opportunity.

So yes, KDB has taken a big step in his new team. Fresh start, and he’s even behaving himself so far. I think this experience will influence him similarly to the one where he broke his leg, but in a different way. He saw a real potential for a bleak future, and hopefully it humbled him to reflect and reset his approach. If so it will be a good thing for him and the sport. Yes we need people to wear dark hats, but we need redemption stories as well.

Hambone has been and is the top nasty black hat now.

RCR is proving that JGR could've lined up sponsors for KFB. IMO, JGR was going to promote Ty Gibbs to Cup no matter what.

RCR is proving that JGR could've lined up sponsors for KFB. IMO, JGR was going to promote Ty Gibbs to Cup no matter what.

Not sure about that. JGR seems to want one/few sponsors on the car week to week. FedEx, Mars, Truex just has a couple sponsors, Ty Gibbs has Monster. Probably couldn't make the single sponsor model happen with Kyle for whatever reason while RCR is willing to piece together with the Spin the Wheel and Find Out the Sponsor this Week game.

It's not that easy. One would have to assume the price to sponsor at RCR is lower than JGR. But the bigger thing is some sponsorship doesn't fit everyone. Sometimes it's conflicts with other sponsorship on other cars and some sponsorship just doesn't fit the organization.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Not sure about that. JGR seems to want one/few sponsors on the car week to week. FedEx, Mars, Truex just has a couple sponsors, Ty Gibbs has Monster. Probably couldn't make the single sponsor model happen with Kyle for whatever reason while RCR is willing to piece together with the Spin the Wheel and Find Out the Sponsor this Week game.
So lets get rid of the most successful driver they have and let him compete against us. Way to go Joe and the Yotas lol.

So lets get rid of the most successful driver they have and let him compete against us. Way to go Joe and the Yotas lol.

A sponsor that's looking to be a long term primary probably values a team that has long-standing relationships with Fortune 500 companies consistently on their car rather than a team that plasters new logos on their cars every week. Unfortunately that's the game over talent now.

A sponsor that's looking to be a long term primary probably values a team that has long-standing relationships with Fortune 500 companies consistently on their car rather than a team that plasters new logos on their cars every week. Unfortunately that's the game over talent now.
Yeah that's a great idea. How is that working lol.

Yeah that's a great idea. How is that working lol.

I would imagine the financials of JGR are superior than those of RCR. The new car helped RCR massively because of the even playing field... let's see if they can keep up with the development over this season and next.

In my opinion, Kyle Busch is RCR's hail Mary throw to try and become more competitive. Yes, it's working for now. Can they keep up? We'll see.

I would imagine the financials of JGR are superior than those of RCR. The new car helped RCR massively because of the even playing field... let's see if they can keep up with the development over this season and next.

In my opinion, Kyle Busch is RCR's hail Mary throw to try and become more competitive. Yes, it's working for now. Can they keep up? We'll see.
Lol, that's funny, hail mary lol. Good luck with that.

Has KDB really said/done a lot of "toxic" stuff in the last five years?
Mars would've had plenty of reasons to quit sponsoring him years ago but he calmed down a lot recently .

M&M gave Gibbs/TRD over a year and a half notice they were leaving the sport. Does that sound like they were mad? And some people are gullible enough to believe the "We can't find him a sponsor" B.S. while Childress is full of sponsorship for the 8 car, a new one was on the car for Auto Club. Why don't ya man up and say you didn't want Kyle anymore instead of floating that B.S.? Gordon didn't want Kyle driving for Hendrick anymore when Rick asked him about what he thought. Gibbs acting the victim..sniff sniff, I'll pay you out of my pocket, like sure, grow a pair, nobody in their right mind would go for that. Now they have egg all over their faces and it is Kyle 1 JGR 0 and Kyle Busch is more popular than he ever has been.

Has KDB really said/done a lot of "toxic" stuff in the last five years?
Mars would've had plenty of reasons to quit sponsoring him years ago but he calmed down a lot recently .
His previous two seasons were some of the most tumultuous of his career. So many pouty whines and potty mouth tirades…abandoning his car on pit road verses wheeling it behind the garage….surprised people forget. Now Mars may not have based their decision on these things but they couldn’t have been pleased with the behaviors.

His previous two seasons were some of the most tumultuous of his career. So many pouty whines and potty mouth tirades…abandoning his car on pit road verses wheeling it behind the garage….surprised people forget. Now Mars may not have based their decision on these things but they couldn’t have been pleased with the behaviors.
I post every radioactive. Kyle played the game really well the last couple of years and seldom won the media darling award and the media was waiting for every chance. But go ahead and believe that Joe and the gang couldn't find sponsorship while Childress has no trouble doing the exact same thing.

so not so many boos sunday. maybe it was more of a jgr thing. is he the new underdog? i do think he will win allot this year, not a fan but good luck to him.:dirtbike:

I post every radioactive. Kyle played the game really well the last couple of years and seldom won the media darling award and the media was waiting for every chance. But go ahead and believe that Joe and the gang couldn't find sponsorship while Childress has no trouble doing the exact same thing.
Hey I have no certainty on any of this. I fully believe JGR was positioning everything to their benefit and were done with KDB. Also think their plan to bring Tantrum Ty along later got revised quickly but not verbalized to the public.

In any event I find the KDB stuff interesting, but not invested in any of it. He was my most despised driver until Hambone took that crown. I just hope he can find peace and a good attitude going forward with the new team. Early signs are encouraging.

Hamlin and KDB used to be my least favorite drivers in my first years watching NASCAR. In the last few years they've started to grow on me because I appreciate that both usually don't hold back their opinions.
Kyle probably could've done a better job maneuvering that car into the garage area at Darlington but I don't think that was such a big deal. It's not like he hooked someone while going 160 mph.

Back
Top Bottom