Haunting Thread

CamelPowered

Jimmy Spencer Never Forgets!
After my misreading of the title of the Hunting Thread, I figured I would start a Haunting Thread.

Anybody ever had interesting experiences with the paranormal? Ghosts, haunted houses, anything of that nature.

No but my nephew has. When he was 4 he claim to see ghost of a child in their house. That went on for 1.5 years. They moved, not because of that, never mentioned it again

I've had a few weird incidents that are as follows:
1. Sleep paralysis- I awoke and couldn't move, but I saw two little boys at the end of my bed. One of them noticed that I spotted him and he ran and hid behind a piece of furniture. The other boy ran by also and I was able to bellow out a grunt of displeasure. When I did that, the little boy spoke in a demonic voice, "You don't scare me" and I tell you, it was the first(and only) time I've had an audio hallucination. At least I think it was a hallucination, but it sounded crystal clear. When my brain woke up, I was shaken by the incident a little. There is an old graveyard(pre-1900's) in the pasture across from my house. I've asked other family members if they have any idea who's buried there or their ages, but nobody knows. Now the graveyard is overgrown and the tiny headstones were never legible to the best of my recollection. I still question if what I saw could be real.

2. My brother and I used to sneak outside as kids to smoke cigarettes. My brother had been outside and told me to come look at these lights in the woods. They were in the middle of the woods but hard to tell what the distance was. Maybe a 100 yards as a guesstimate. The light looked like it was floating in the middle of the woods and was changing colors from white, green, red, yellow, blue, etc. To this day I have no idea what that light was and the only explanation I can come up with is, that it was a boy scout flashlight that has the different colored lenses. One of my old friends(now deceased) lived about 1/2 mile from me and he was an Eagle scout who had one of those flashlights.

3. My father used to work out of town and my brother and mother went somewhere one night so I was home alone. I was just watching tv in the family room when I heard a cabinet slam shut. I went into the kitchen and the cabinet door was wide open where we keep the drinking glasses. Mind you, we never left cabinets open so I was terrified.

4. This one is very bizarre. My mother and I were arriving home from my baseball practice one night. We had an auto-garage door and when we pulled up to it, it opened up. We thought my brother must have opened it for us since he was home. As soon as we pulled into the garage and shut the car off, the garage door closed by itself. We went inside and asked my brother if he closed it with the garage door remote but he claims to know nothing about that. The timing was so perfect that it really creeped us out. My brother always did silly things, so I may ask him if he did that when I see him Thanksgiving, if he even remembers that incident.

Sure, all these things could be explained away but I still wonder.

I've had creepy experiences different times where I've seen and heard things that shouldn't have happened. Here's one of my experiences:

I used to run Fire/Rescue out of a very old stationhouse. I was in the rec room, and a couple other guys were up the hall from me in another room. The side of the building they were on was where the engine bay was located. I heard a door slam, followed by footsteps in the hall heading away from where the other guys were, and I went to see what was going on. Well, they had also came out of the room they were in to see what had happened. Then, there was the sound of a door closing at the far end of the hall. So everyone who was supposed to be in the building was accounted for, none of us had closed any doors, and no one had went down the hall in that direction. Now, the only way out of the building on that end would be through the bay that had the truck and 4x4 parked in it. I went down to investigate, to see if someone had crept in that we hadn't seen. Needless to say, there was nobody there. If someone had been in there, they would have had to raise the bay door, which was closed at the time, to get out from that side of the building. And there is absolutely NO WAY they could have done that quietly, and we would have known that there was an intruder. But it was just interior doors and footsteps. We had no explanation for it. No one was there, but something had been moving through the building.

I've had a few weird incidents that are as follows:
1. Sleep paralysis- I awoke and couldn't move, but I saw two little boys at the end of my bed. One of them noticed that I spotted him and he ran and hid behind a piece of furniture. The other boy ran by also and I was able to bellow out a grunt of displeasure. When I did that, the little boy spoke in a demonic voice, "You don't scare me" and I tell you, it was the first(and only) time I've had an audio hallucination. At least I think it was a hallucination, but it sounded crystal clear. When my brain woke up, I was shaken by the incident a little. There is an old graveyard(pre-1900's) in the pasture across from my house. I've asked other family members if they have any idea who's buried there or their ages, but nobody knows. Now the graveyard is overgrown and the tiny headstones were never legible to the best of my recollection. I still question if what I saw could be real.

2. My brother and I used to sneak outside as kids to smoke cigarettes. My brother had been outside and told me to come look at these lights in the woods. They were in the middle of the woods but hard to tell what the distance was. Maybe a 100 yards as a guesstimate. The light looked like it was floating in the middle of the woods and was changing colors from white, green, red, yellow, blue, etc. To this day I have no idea what that light was and the only explanation I can come up with is, that it was a boy scout flashlight that has the different colored lenses. One of my old friends(now deceased) lived about 1/2 mile from me and he was an Eagle scout who had one of those flashlights.

3. My father used to work out of town and my brother and mother went somewhere one night so I was home alone. I was just watching tv in the family room when I heard a cabinet slam shut. I went into the kitchen and the cabinet door was wide open where we keep the drinking glasses. Mind you, we never left cabinets open so I was terrified.

4. This one is very bizarre. My mother and I were arriving home from my baseball practice one night. We had an auto-garage door and when we pulled up to it, it opened up. We thought my brother must have opened it for us since he was home. As soon as we pulled into the garage and shut the car off, the garage door closed by itself. We went inside and asked my brother if he closed it with the garage door remote but he claims to know nothing about that. The timing was so perfect that it really creeped us out. My brother always did silly things, so I may ask him if he did that when I see him Thanksgiving, if he even remembers that incident.

Sure, all these things could be explained away but I still wonder.
Sleep paralysis is pretty scary stuff. I used to experience it all the time when I was younger and still do on occasion, although now I recognize it immediately so it isn't as tough to deal with. Plus, there are ways to avoid it.

My encounters with it are typically pretty standard. I'll think I'm awake but can't move a muscle, and it'll be the middle of the night and everything is dark in the house. Out of nowhere, I'll hear a loud, blood curdling scream, an alarm or another random super loud noise blaring, or the sound of footsteps rapidly stomping up the steps and down the hall heading towards my room.

I pretty much never actually see any physical beings or anything, like the Hat Man or the shadow people/dream buddies that a lot of people claim to see. Sometimes I'll feel a creepy presence right next to me, and it'll even reach out and touch my neck or back all creepily, but I can never turn to actually see anything.

Sleep paralysis is pretty scary stuff. I used to experience it all the time when I was younger and still do on occasion, although now I recognize it immediately so it isn't as tough to deal with. Plus, there are ways to avoid it.

My encounters with it are typically pretty standard. I'll think I'm awake but can't move a muscle, and it'll be the middle of the night and everything is dark in the house. Out of nowhere, I'll hear a loud, blood curdling scream, an alarm or another random super loud noise blaring, or the sound of footsteps rapidly stomping up the steps and down the hall heading towards my room.

I pretty much never actually see any physical beings or anything, like the Hat Man or the shadow people/dream buddies that a lot of people claim to see. Sometimes I'll feel a creepy presence right next to me, and it'll even reach out and touch my neck or back all creepily, but I can never turn to actually see anything.
:eek:

I read up on it a little, and now that I have a better understanding of what's happening and why, it's really only scary in the moment. It's pretty much just an uncomfortable mini-nightmare. You feel paralyzed, scary things appear to happen, and you may even feel like you can't breathe, but you're okay. You're just half-asleep.

I have lucid dreams on a semi-regular basis, which helps a little because to maintain control of your dream and not wake up, you have to stay calm and relaxed. It's the same way with sleep paralysis. If you start freaking out and trying extra hard to breathe and move as if you're awake, you're going to terrify yourself even more. You just have to try to stay calm while the dream buddies are stomping up the stairs towards your room and the Emergency Alert System is blaring throughout your entire pitch-black house at 2 a.m. :eek:

I read up on it a little, and now that I have a better understanding of what's happening and why, it's really only scary in the moment. It's pretty much just an uncomfortable mini-nightmare. You feel paralyzed, scary things appear to happen, and you may even feel like you can't breathe, but you're okay. You're just half-asleep.
I did a little research on it a while back. The study said sleep paralysis usually occurs if you're sleeping on your back. Something about a certain chemical that drains to a certain part of your brain. I almost never sleep on my back unless I get really drunk and pass out or fall asleep watching tv. I sleep on my sides(fetal position) and I have had bed shaking paralysis before. Maybe I just watched The Exorcist one too many times XD.

:eek:

I did a little research on it a while back. The study said sleep paralysis usually occurs if you're sleeping on your back. Something about a certain chemical that drains to a certain part of your brain. I almost never sleep on my back unless I get really drunk and pass out or fall asleep watching tv. I sleep on my sides(fetal position) and I have had bed shaking paralysis before. Maybe I just watched The Exorcist one too many times XD.
Yeah, as long as you don't sleep on your back and don't go to bed completely and utterly sleep deprived, you shouldn't really experience sleep paralysis too often. When I avoid doing those two things, I'm usually fine.

Another haunting... one night, I was asleep on my couch when I heard some noises at the door. Opened the door and this creepy black cat was sitting there. That same black cat one time was sitting on a pile of plates when I opened my cabinet.

WP_20151026_18_03_00_Pro.jpg

Scary ****!!!

I've never actually experienced anything, but my stepmom and her mom swear that their old house was haunted. They claim to have witnessed numerous times random items just flying off the shelves. I can't recall if they've ever mentioned seeing any ghostly figures or not.

I've personally never been a believer in ghosts, but the thought has always caught my interest. As a matter of fact, I took a short three hour driver to Atchison, Kansas yesterday. Not really for the haunt, but mainly because it's a small, nice town with several outdoor activities along with some amazing houses. It's said to be the most haunted town in the state and one of the most haunted in the country. During the Halloween season, they offer trolley tours of some of the most haunted houses and areas in the town. I think one of the biggest reasons as to why they have the claim is because the towns is home to many old and large Victorian style homes. I'll post a picture I took of one of those houses. I mean, it does look pretty creepy. Apparently, one of the owners of the house didn't like the gargoyle's on top of the house, so he tried removing them but apparently fell to his death and now he haunts the home. Again, that's just the legend but still creepy and interesting to think about.

house by Brent, on Flickr

Below is also a fun documentary the Travel Channel did many years ago. It covers many different haunted towns throughout the country, but Atchison is featured between 18:52 and 33:30.

Haunted ? I dunno but damn scary none the less. Came out of work one day and found my ex by my car wanting to talk and get back together,,

I've had several paranormal experiences over the years. I'm not psychic or clairvoyant or anything like that, but I could write several pages about experiences. I'll tell a few of the more interesting ones and not bore you with a manuscript.

"The family". I worked in an old building that had held offices and training centers, but now was mostly empty and we used some of it for storage. It had several weird things going on, but one that recurred often was sightings of "the family". If you took the freight elevator up to the third floor, it let you off at a hallway where you had to go right or left. When you went right, the hall went about twenty feet and then made a 90 degree turn to the left. As you made that left you might encounter "the family" which looked like a couple in their thirties with a kid about 12, who were coming right at you around that corner. They made you instinctively duck out of their way. When you turned to apologize, they were gone. "The family" were dressed in typical modern clothes, and we don't know why they were there since this had always been an industrial building so not likely to have a family group in it. Everybody who worked there saw them several times... I saw them three times during the two months I worked there.

"Where's my beer?" We (group of six) went to a restaurant in the Old Salem part of Winston-Salem that is in an old building that dates back to the 1800s (and there has been a tavern on that site since the 1700s). We got seated by a hostess who was wearing period costume, which wasn't completely unusual but wasn't typical on a Tuesday like that night. She asked if we wanted drinks and I ordered a beer. After a while, since we hadn't seen her again and also were ready to order, we stopped another waitress (in modern clothes; none of the rest of the staff was in costume) and asked about her - and the second waitress looked puzzled and said they didn't have anybody who fit that description. Also none of the staff remembered seating us, let alone taking a drink order.

"Aunt came for dinner". This happened to my Mom's family back when she was still young, but I'm including it since it is neat and was verified by her whole family. They used to have a formal dinner every Sunday, and they had an elderly Aunt who used to join them. The Aunt passed away, so that next Sunday they decided to have dinner a bit earlier. They were Quakers, so when they're seated but before they eat they have a moment of silence. During that silence, they heard footsteps coming up the outside stairs to the porch. Then they heard footsteps come up to the front door. By this time they were done with silence and were curious who was out there, so they all turned so they could see the front door. They saw the outer door open, and remain open while the big heavy front door opened, then the outer door shut, and then the heavy front door shut. But there was nobody there. It occurred at the time that the Aunt usually came for dinner, so they figured she came to them one more time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom