Have the withdrawals set in yet?

Not withdrawls...... because I am not a rabid fan like I used to be........ but... yeah... I miss it........ and will until Daytona which this year is late Feb. the latest I can recall........ I am not a sports fanatic like a lot of you guys... so.... there's nothing to fill the gap......

Not as much as I used but I do not blame it on Nascar. There is enough football to keep me going through most of January. The nothing or gone feeling usually hits me after the NFL conference championship games or two weeks prior to the super bowl.

Even with that I have more than enough home improvement projects and shop work to keep my hands busy. Plus hawt wimmins internet images to pass the time.

Always look forward and welcome the long anticipated Rolex 24 hour race. All the Nascar build up for the Daytona 500 imo is too long. I wish they would qualify just two days after the 24 hour race, do the twin 125s I mean 150s on Thursday. The Busch Clash or whatever Friday night, the Permatex 300 on Saturday and the 500 on Sunday.

Then they could shut up with all the yip yap and run the first real race of the year the following week.

Not withdrawls...... because I am not a rabid fan like I used to be........ but... yeah... I miss it........ and will until Daytona which this year is late Feb. the latest I can recall........ I am not a sports fanatic like a lot of you guys... so.... there's nothing to fill the gap......
But you have Budweiser, doesn't it taste the same in the off season?:D

No, no withdrawals. I have so much going on here. Christmas coming, still trying to get crap done to my kitchen, football season. i was kinda burnt out anyway.

Not to bad yet. I went and watched Jimmy Owens and Dale McDowell run in a super late model race yesterday here in East Tennessee, man it was cold but I love dirt racing!

Ski Season!!! YES!!!

Taken on Killington Peak, Vermont, November 7, 2016. Elevation at this point is ~4000ft

DSCF5542.JPG

We have the last six races on the DVR so we have something to watch from time to time. We just bought tickets for the spring Talladega race so now I can't wait for May to get here!

Reactions: sdj
I think as time goes on I've become less and less interested in NASCAR. I'm watching fewer and fewer races every year. I used to really enjoy the Truck races but I really have no interest in the sport since the silly clock idea.
The limit of Cup boys and the implementation of a Chase format in Xfin is going to negatively impact my interest in the Xfin series next year.
I'm not sure how many Cup races I will watch in 2017 but I know it will be less than I watched in 2016. I'll continue to go to Vegas and Fontana because it is a good time with family and friends. I'm really losing interest in the sport.
I am a good example of why NASCAR is losing it's fan base.

I think as time goes on I've become less and less interested in NASCAR. I'm watching fewer and fewer races every year. I used to really enjoy the Truck races but I really have no interest in the sport since the silly clock idea.
The limit of Cup boys and the implementation of a Chase format in Xfin is going to negatively impact my interest in the Xfin series next year.
I'm not sure how many Cup races I will watch in 2017 but I know it will be less than I watched in 2016. I'll continue to go to Vegas and Fontana because it is a good time with family and friends. I'm really losing interest in the sport.
I am a good example of why NASCAR is losing it's fan base.

I must be the opposite to this because I thought 16 was much better than the previous couple of years. I actually went to a cup race this year too in which I haven't been in 5 years or so. With Monster as the new sponsor, and next year's downforce being lowered again, I'm looking forward to Daytona. Acutally I'm looking forward to Atlanta because it was a pretty good race last year. I'm interested to see how the xfinity does with the composite bodies too. Not sure when they actually get used but I thought it was 2017.

But I understand what you are saying because how you feel about NASCAR is how I feel about football right now. The NFL has just become so boring to watch for me this year. I probably watched almost 75% less football this year than I did last year. It seems so contrived and controlled this year. There was an article that was written a week before the seattle vs NE game that said the NFL wants seattle to win so they can spice things up. I didn't even watch the game and I knew seattle would end up winning.
Hear me now, believe me later, the superbowl will be NE vs Dallas and Dallas will win because the NFL hates Brady and the Pats. And I'm not even a Pats fan I just think it is that obvious.

I must be the opposite to this because I thought 16 was much better than the previous couple of years. I actually went to a cup race this year too in which I haven't been in 5 years or so. With Monster as the new sponsor, and next year's downforce being lowered again, I'm looking forward to Daytona. Acutally I'm looking forward to Atlanta because it was a pretty good race last year. I'm interested to see how the xfinity does with the composite bodies too. Not sure when they actually get used but I thought it was 2017.

But I understand what you are saying because how you feel about NASCAR is how I feel about football right now. The NFL has just become so boring to watch for me this year. I probably watched almost 75% less football this year than I did last year. It seems so contrived and controlled this year. There was an article that was written a week before the seattle vs NE game that said the NFL wants seattle to win so they can spice things up. I didn't even watch the game and I knew seattle would end up winning.
Hear me now, believe me later, the superbowl will be NE vs Dallas and Dallas will win because the NFL hates Brady and the Pats. And I'm not even a Pats fan I just think it is that obvious.

The level of fixing seems like a bad reason to choose NASCAR over the NFL :D.

Second blizzard in a week here, I'm already looking forward to packing my bags and heading to speedweeks. I'm also in the same boat questioning a lot of these NFL, and college, last minute game winning drives. Almost as bad as Daytona pole qualifying.

Been using my Sunday's since racing ended to partake in Sunday hunting (a big deal for us in nc, guns on Sunday has only been legal for 2 years now). I won't miss it till deer season goes out after New Years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's killing me already, but I am pumped for Dakar and Rolex 24. Toyota has rethought their attack on Dakar (4 wheel to 2 wheel drive)....should be fascinating, and the Lexus RCF GT3 is racing Daytona....add to that the fact that Toyota is entering the WRC and Monaco is the end of Jan., and I should make it to Daytona I hope.

No withdrawals at all. Wish I could say the same for Game of Thrones. Usually, it's waiting 9 months for the next season, but no, now we have to wait an entire year for Season 7. :windows:

No withdrawals for me. Rolex race is a nice stop-gap. Soon following is Bud Shootout and away we go for another season.

Reactions: sdj
Well said. Same goes for me. Ever since Rusty retired, I've just been chugging along

Well said. Same goes for me. Ever since Rusty retired, I've just been chugging along
I'm like you Bucky....... I was diehard Mark Martin....... It's really hard to get the enthusiasm for another driver after so many years...... I've tried..... just can't do it..... To tell you the truth..... a lot of my passion for the sport died when Sr. got killed..... I was never EVER a Sr. fan for those 4 hours on Sunday.... (I appreciated him so much during the rest of the week)..... I never ever thought I would miss him like I do.... I could have wrung his neck off so many Sundays....

I might be wrong...... but....... I actually think the decline...and rise... of Nascar had a lot to do with him... He was bigger than life.... Richard Petty, Jimmie Johnson...... they are all great... but no one had the pull of the fans... love or hate that Sr. had........

Probably after New Year's weekend. I just finished the IMSA finale from Road Atlanta, so I have nothing motorsport-ish left on the DVR. I have six hours of Battlebots, but I binge those over the holidays.

Back
Top Bottom