Have you noticed?

Tennessee Racing

Formerly Stewart Fan
That when you call customer service they get mad at you because you ask them to repeat something? God forbid they speak English clear enough where you can understand them.

That when you call customer service they get mad at you because you ask them to repeat something? God forbid they speak English clear enough where you can understand them.

Yeh no kidding, sometimes I hang up just to get some one else or ask for some one that speaks better english, that really gets them pissed off.

I've never had that happen to me, an in IT we often get the outsourced overseas call centers. I usually just say "sorry cn you say that again" or something similar and they usually don't get pissy about it.

Now, I have actually heard a guy, sitting right next to me, yell into the phone "LOOK, PUT ME ON THE PHONE WITH SOMEONE WHO SPEAKS AMERICAN!!" Made me laugh:D

I've never had that happen to me, an in IT we often get the outsourced overseas call centers. I usually just say "sorry cn you say that again" or something similar and they usually don't get pissy about it.

Now, I have actually heard a guy, sitting right next to me, yell into the phone "LOOK, PUT ME ON THE PHONE WITH SOMEONE WHO SPEAKS AMERICAN!!" Made me laugh:D

My favorite Customer Service experience was with an American at IBM.

It was at work, on speakerphone (bosslady sitting in the same room) as I was doing warranties.

Me: "The computer does not power up, battery's known good and cord is known good, power supply tested bad."

IBM Idiot: "Okay, before we do this, I want you to turn the computer on and start it from the diagnostics CD"

Me: (thought: WTF? while sticking middle finger up at the phone) "The power supply is..."

IBM Idiot: "... Well, we want to see how it tests out through the IBM diagnostics utility, so boot up to that and let me know what it says."

Me: "Look dude, the **** is broke, it does not power on. I cannot boot to the ****ing diagnostics CD because the computer DOES NOT POWER ON!"

Bosslady and another co-worker bust out laughing.

IBM Idiot: "Okay, well, I'll put this in under the warranties and you can send it out."

I am a customer service rep's worst nightmare.

Seriously though, how can you boot to a diagnostics program to test hardware in your computer if IT DOES NOT POWER ON?!?!

I know these people read from a list and do stuff according to protocol, but common sense seems to elude them.

My most frustrating incident like this was when I spent over an hour on the phone with a woman who spoke such poor english that she just couldn't figure out how to fix my problem. After all that time, she finally put an american guy on the phone and he had the problem fixed in like 4 minutes. How is that cost effective to pay somebody for an hour's work when someone competent can fix it in less than 5 minutes? How much did the phone call cost them?

Back
Top Bottom