Havick -vs- Hamlin

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Anyone watching practice? A little payback by Harvick on Hamlin, boys have at it style. Could be an interesting afternoon. Can't wait for the interviews. :beerbang:

So..... Hamlin headed back to his hauler. Not able to finish practice with the wrecked car.

I think his rear fender was/is out of tolerance.

Nascar has been bending the rules for the chevy owners for decades. It's a little late to start fining them now.

What chew talkin' about? All the whining Jack has done over the years?
Puuuleeze

What chew talkin' about? All the whining Jack has done over the years?
Puuuleeze

I'm talking about Nascar letting the chevy teams in the mid 80s change the rear windows on all the GM cars because GM didn't have an answer for the 85 t-bird. Which made every car company on the planet have to change and build/think aerodynamic cars. Jack had every right to b-i-tch at Nascar. Nascar has been stacked in GMs favor since the 80s. You guys don't think Nascar isn't biased toward GM, what's the name of trophy awarded at the Daytona 500? Harley J. Earl Daytona 500 Trophy. Name any sprint cup race trophy that is named after any other CEO form a car company other than GM? wwwwooohhhh there isn't any.

So you can tell us how boring it is?

Ha ha, well done. Thats all we need is for andy to become a movie critic.

I have a feeling someone is going to give Hamlin a real ass kicking before the season is over. "Have at it" is one thing but being a dick is another ball game all together.

I'm talking about Nascar letting the chevy teams in the mid 80s change the rear windows on all the GM cars because GM didn't have an answer for the 85 t-bird. Which made every car company on the planet have to change and build/think aerodynamic cars. Jack had every right to b-i-tch at Nascar. Nascar has been stacked in GMs favor since the 80s. You guys don't think Nascar isn't biased toward GM, what's the name of trophy awarded at the Daytona 500? Harley J. Earl Daytona 500 Trophy. Name any sprint cup race trophy that is named after any other CEO form a car company other than GM? wwwwooohhhh there isn't any.

I'm not understanding what this has to do with Hamlin and Harvick but thanks for the history lesson. Try to make it brief next time.

I'm thinking Denny is getting far too ****y due to his points position and all the talk about him being the person to unseat JJ for the championship. Seems to me that ****iness just might be his undoing in The Chase. Fine w/me. He can take JJ with him along with Harvick. LOL Let them play their games and my Jeffy can swoop in and take that elusive 5th championship. ;)

Wow, great reply! You must have been on the debate team.

OK...what did you say?......."Back to topic, gotta admire Kevin for standing up for Bowyer and his owner."

Well honestly I dont admire Harvick for his--- I'm not gonna take that B.S. attitude...I admire him for his racing ability. I'm really sick of his bullying tactics......he looks alot like Carl Manson...I mean Edwards

dov0925flap2.standalone.prod_affiliate.158.jpg

This is kind of an interesting twist to yesterday, that is, if this is true.....

From The Frontstretch.....

Heading into Sunday it’s abundantly clear that Hamlin has not only irritated the RCR camp, he has enraged them. When the No. 11 takes the green flag on Sunday, it’s no longer going to be a case of just taking it easy whenever he’s about to lap the No. 12 Dodge. Now, Hamlin has three cars to deal with on-track not only capable of keeping up with him, but out to get him. And he’s got no one to blame for that but himself.

The video record of Saturday’s record is incomplete. No one can say for sure what happened to instigate the on-track incident between Hamlin and Harvick. But that’s not to say there weren’t witnesses. Said one Nationwide Series driver I happened to be speaking to shortly after the incident, it was abundantly clear what had happened:

“Hamlin brake-checked him [Harvick].”

Whatever happened prior to the videotaped contact on track, it’s hard to argue with that assessment. And if that’s in fact what happened, as the video suggests, there’s a whole bunch of issues that need to be addressed. For one, it’s an example of the No. 11 driver being unable to let an incident go, instead choosing to pull a fast one on-track, and with a driver that’s got a long documented history of having a temper in Kevin Harvick.

That's the first that I had head/read that. That's something I would have expected Harvick to say after the incident in practice. Not another driver. The story is probably BS but if it is true, Denny Hamlin should change his sponsor to 'Target' because he clearly is a marked man for the rest of this Chase.

Article link.

Nascar has been bending the rules for the chevy owners for decades. It's a little late to start fining them now.

I've been saying this since the late 1980's. Mainly because it's the truth. Elliott and the domination of the Aero-bird and the France family's panic and ties to GM are all over the net and have been for years. Simply put, NASCAR has always been pro-Chevy....but it certainly intensified after those Georgia hillbillies left the sanctioning body and the bowtie looking like idiots.

Anyhow, Hamlin said exactly what everyone else is thinking anyhow: RCR's best season also happens to coincide with the biggest cheating penalty in forever. Hmm.

Anyhow, in a fair world, Kevin Havawreck would be driving a cab, and I hope Hamlin smacks him upside the head until he finally shuts his soundbite spouting mouth. He's been overdue for years and years with his hood jumping, foot stomping temper tantrums.

This morning on Raceday Kenny Wallace said that Hamlin is in serious trouble because the 29 team still has some of the Earnhardt physicality (I was going to say mentality ;) ) and that "..those Carolina boys love to fight".

This morning on Raceday Kenny Wallace said that Hamlin is in serious trouble because the 29 team still has some of the Earnhardt physicality (I was going to say mentality ;) ) and that "..those Carolina boys love to fight".

Harvick will only fight if his crew is "very close". :) Otherwise he is a motor mouth. :D

Harvick will only fight if his crew is "very close". :) Otherwise he is a motor mouth. :D

When was the last time you heard of any of these guys fighting? And when aren't these guys near their crew? It's never nothing more than words from any of them. If it were more, that would be great regardless of who it was. If Harvick was standing up for a teammate, that's great IMO. Teams stick together.

I've got no problem with Harvick, I think Hamlin spouted off at the mouth too much and if he doesn't expect any retaliation then he is just plain dumb. This will be an intersting race, only thing is JJ will be the one to come out on top if these 2 have at it, and that just sucks.

I've got no problem with Harvick, I think Hamlin spouted off at the mouth too much and if he doesn't expect any retaliation then he is just plain dumb. This will be an intersting race, only thing is JJ will be the one to come out on top if these 2 have at it, and that just sucks.

Yea, which is why Jimmie isn't getting involved in it. He'll be laughing his ass off to the finish line as Harvick and Hamlin try to wreck one another.

I'm not understanding what this has to do with Hamlin and Harvick but thanks for the history lesson. Try to make it brief next time.

Last time I checked this isn't tweeter. Let's see Hamlin drives a Toyota, Harvick a Chevy. Maybe just maybe Hamlin isn't over how Nascar penalized Toyota for playing by Nascars rules and after all the GM teams b-i-tched and b-i-tched that the Toyotas were winning to much. gee just like the 80s and the t-birds.

When was the last time you heard of any of these guys fighting? And when aren't these guys near their crew? It's never nothing more than words from any of them. If it were more, that would be great regardless of who it was. If Harvick was standing up for a teammate, that's great IMO. Teams stick together.

I don't have an answer and don't have time to goggle one. :D

The entire JGR stable is the largest collection of douchebags in NASCAR history. Hamlin and Busch's more negative traits have already rubbed off on Logano too.

The entire JGR stable is the largest collection of douchebags in NASCAR history. Hamlin and Busch's more negative traits have already rubbed off on Logano too.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that. :beerbang:

You mean the Aerocoupe?

Denny Hamlin clears the air with Kevin Harvick.

Looks like they had a meeting of the minds, so to speak.....

Denny Hamlin clears the air with Kevin Harvick, vows to be careful with future comments

Sprint Cup Series points leader Denny Hamlin has talked with Kevin Harvick following the incident in practice last Saturday at Dover International Speedway, but maybe even more importantly, it seems as if Hamlin has had more of a discussion with himself.

Hamlin said he watched his weekly news conference from last Friday and realized how harsh he came off when talking about Richard Childress Racing and its penalty for Clint Bowyer’s illegal race-winning car at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.

“It was harsh,” Hamlin said Tuesday following an appearance at Charlotte Motor Speedway to promote the October race. “Maybe I should have just kind of deflected [the questions]. I watched Jimmie [Johnson's] press conference and a lot of other guys before and after me, and they kind of deflected.

“When it came to them, they just kind of shielded themselves from it, said their peace and it was over with. But to me, I always kind of say too much at times, get too in-depth.”

The Joe Gibbs Racing driver was admonished by team owner Joe Gibbs and crew chief Mike Ford for making the comments that owner Richard Childress and his team have known for months that their cars were pushing the limits, that they took the chance to get in the Chase and the team should just be happy to be in the Chase.

Hamlin admitted that “it’s just the spur of the moment, when somebody takes a jab, I want to take a punch,” and he felt a little punched when Bowyer had criticized Hamlin’s car Friday for needing two tries to pass the height sticks post-New Hampshire following the Sept. 19 race.

“I walked in the media center and I knew what questions were coming and I sat down and I was going to say, ‘No Bowyer questions,’” Hamlin said. “But then someone said something that, ‘Hey, he said this about you’ and immediately I was like, ‘Whoa, wait a minute.’ I sat up in my seat and got defensive. … I knew as soon as I left the media center there was going to be repercussions whether it be on the race track or a phone call from R.C. himself.

“I wasn’t necessarily thinking that when I was saying what I was saying. I was thinking let me stick up for my race team first and then I’ll throw them under the bus second.”

There were repercussions. After Hamlin’s critical comments last Friday, Harvick initiated contact with Hamlin’s car on the track during practice and they continued to hit each other until they got into the garage, where the two had a heated exchange.

Hamlin said Tuesday that he had talked to Harvick since leaving Dover on Sunday.

“We came to really quick terms that our friendship is not worth – regardless of what happens on the race track – our friendship goes further than that,” Hamlin said. “Regardless of teams [being] mad, anyone mad, we do a lot for each other off the race track.”

They didn’t really talk about the incident about as much as moving on without further incident.

“If we keep messing around, we’re going to let someone else win this thing,” Hamlin said.

Going forward, Hamlin said he will try to be a little more selective in his answers to questions.

“It is a tough balance,” Hamlin said. “It is hard for me not to say what’s on my mind at times. Not everybody needs to hear it all the time – Joe [Gibbs] kind of explained that to me. … When you express yourself out there and you give opinions, you’re opening yourself up to a lot of criticism.

“I’ve done that this year. I’m going to give the most honest and true answers I can at most times, but I think I can do a little better job at deflecting, [but] still being honest.”

Not only did Gibbs explain that to him to tone things down, Ford told him the same thing as well.

“He figures we have enough to worry about within our race team as far as what we need to do to stay focused to win a championship,” Hamlin said. “We don’t need to make our jobs any harder. He told me he felt like we made our job harder, and you definitely can’t disagree with that.”

The team had to repair the damage to the car, which Hamlin said was more critical than any head games he or Harvick were playing.

“I don’t know whether it’s getting into each other’s heads as much as it’s a distraction for the race team,” Hamlin said. “We spent 25 minutes working on our race car when we could have used the practice, especially as bad as I run at Dover.”

When he looks back at this weekend, Hamlin said he set himself up for the trouble.

“A little bit you laugh at, but the other is how much easier would have this weekend have gone by,” the 29-year-old Hamlin said. “The finish probably would have been the exact same. But it was too much trouble for what it was worth. … I wonder how I get myself in these positions sometimes, but to me, it’s my personality.

“I’ve been in this crap for years now. I do this all the time.”

Article here.

He really made himself sound like an ass in his interview, which I don't care about. But to me, he shouldn't have brought the 29 and 31 into it. They weren't penalized and had nothing to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom