Headed To Thunder Valley

V

VAJen

............NEXT weekend. I can't wait. It's my first time going to the drag races. I'm going to take a buttload of pictures. :D

............NEXT weekend. I can't wait. It's my first time going to the drag races. I'm going to take a buttload of pictures. :D
This race is on LIVE on ESPN2.

This whole race has been a joke. This isn't drag racing, it's joke racing. Terrible track tonight. :rolleyes:

I had a fantastic time!! I froze my butt off Friday night and Sunday night. Saturday I got sunburned. LOL My scalp is still screaming and my nose is peeling. It was great getting to see Melanie Troxel get her first win in FC even tho I was cheering for Gary Scelzi. I got to meet tons of drivers (including Scelzi). I have to say that Jack Beckman was THE NICEST person I met there. He didn't qualify, but stuck around to support the other drivers. He talked it up with us fans and was just an all-around great guy. Larry Dixon looks A LOT older in person than he does on TV. I really had NO idea how loud the funny cars and dragsters are. My whole body was vibrating as they went by. It was KILLER!!!

I had a fantastic time!! I froze my butt off Friday night and Sunday night. Saturday I got sunburned. LOL My scalp is still screaming and my nose is peeling. It was great getting to see Melanie Troxel get her first win in FC even tho I was cheering for Gary Scelzi. I got to meet tons of drivers (including Scelzi). I have to say that Jack Beckman was THE NICEST person I met there. He didn't qualify, but stuck around to support the other drivers. He talked it up with us fans and was just an all-around great guy. Larry Dixon looks A LOT older in person than he does on TV. I really had NO idea how loud the funny cars and dragsters are. My whole body was vibrating as they went by. It was KILLER!!!
You should come up here next month for the IHRA Torco Fuels President's Cup Nationals and watch some real drag racing at a real racetrack. :beerbang:

I saw you on the ESPN2 live telecast since you were one of the 6 people who stuck around for the end. :D

I really had NO idea how loud the funny cars and dragsters are. My whole body was vibrating as they went by. It was KILLER!!!
It's incredible. The IHRA boys and gals run at record pace at MIR. Want loud? We've got loud covered! :eek:

Pics From Thunder Valley

Antron Brown:
AntronBrown.jpg

Ashley Force:
Ashley2.jpg

Ashley Force's car w/o the body:
AshleyForceCar.jpg

David Grubnic's car w/o the body:
GrubbysCar1.jpg

David Grubnic working on his car:
GrubbyWorkCar1.jpg

Me w/ Larry Dixon:
JenLarryD.jpg

Jim Yates' car (he lives VERY close to my sister):
JimYatesCarClose.jpg

John Force:
JohnForce1.jpg

John Medlen (and Mike Neff's car):
JohnMedlenNeffCar.jpg

Melanie Troxel:
MelanieTroxel.jpg

Mike Neff:
MikeNeff1.jpg

Gary Scelzi's car w/o the body:
ScelziCarNoBody1.jpg

Gary Scelzi's car w/ the body slightly lifted:
ScelziCarPitSide.jpg

Me w/ Gary Scelzi (he's so cute!!):
ScelziJen1.jpg

Thunder Valley:
ThunderValley.jpg

I have more pics!!!

Antron Brown:
AntronBurnout.jpg

Ashley:
AshleyBurnout.jpg

AshleyPreRaceBurnout.jpg

Brandon Bernstein:
BernsteinBurout.jpg

BernsteinPostBurnout.jpg

CoryMac and Hot Rod Fuller (I don't know why I was thinking UPS when it's Caterpillar):
CoryMacBobVQfy.jpg

Larry Dixon:
DixonFinalBurnout1.jpg

David Grubnic (they put Kalitta's wrap on his car b/c Kalitta didn't q'fy):
GrubbyPreRaceBurnout.jpg

Jeg Coughlin:
JegCoughlin.jpg

John:
JohnForcePostBurnout.jpg

JohnForcePostBurnout1.jpg

John & Robert Hight q'fying:
JohnForceRobertHightQfy.jpg