Help with Hornet class racing.

T

timo1994

My friend and I want to race a car in the hornet class of cars, and we both know nothing on how to get started or how much it would cost us or anything like that. We don't even have a car yet but plan to save up around here ( We were thinking of getting a dodge neon). We live in Washington state and the closest racetrack to us is Evergreen Speedway so we would be racing it on pavement instead of dirt. Anyone that could help us with tips on how to get started or any advice you guys could give us would be greatly appreciated.

Racingjunk.com to find a car. Neon's are good around here on the dirt. Also look in to a GM that would have a Quad 4 2.3 HO really easy to get 200+ HP out of one. I have over 350 in mine, but done a lot of work to it. Your better off to find a car that's been built. Its mostly cheeper, quicker, and less of a headache.

Well I've searched on racingjunk before and I've never found a already built car within a 100 mile area of where I live. Our budget for the car is less than $1000.

It can be done, but will be hard to build one for that price, it can be done. But you'd be better off to go talk to people at the track in.the class. I'm sure with the economy the way it is they can point you to a car.

the only way you can get everything you need to race for under $1000 is if you have a pipe bender and are a good welder and do the cage yourself. after your car is ready you still need a helmet, firesuit, gloves and leather shoes or racing shoes. you also will need a truck and trailer to haul your car. its VERY hard and i mean VERY to get started for under $1000

Back
Top Bottom