hendrick 2019

So far out of all of the big silly season driver moves, Truex/Pearn has to be the biggest under performers so far. It could change at any time, but those two are duds so far. They had a win and four top 5's out of 7 races this time last year, compared to just two top 5's this year so far.
What's the outlook for them, now, SOI?

I mean, I find it interesting that the 19 bunch was relatively underperforming, but then they sniped out a win at a short track.

It's kind of funny seeing these drivers being referred to almost as if they are possessions of the team owners... "leftovers." :p

What's the outlook for them, now, SOI?

I mean, I find it interesting that the 19 bunch was relatively underperforming, but then they sniped out a win at a short track.

At that time when this was posted April 2, 2 top 5's, 3 top 10's, a top 20 and a top 40. :idunno:

So far far out of all of the big silly season driver moves, Truex/Pearn has to be the biggest under performers so far. It could change at any time, but those two are duds so far. They had a win and four top 5's out of 7 races this time last year, compared to just two top 5's this year so far.

I don't see anything wrong with letting them do the heavy lifting, and then getting some "draft picks" from the farm system.

I don't either, but Rick might have to wade through Bowman/Byron years to get to the good stuff.

At that time when this was posted April 2, 2 top 5's, 3 top 10's, a top 20 and a top 40. :idunno:

So far far out of all of the big silly season driver moves, Truex/Pearn has to be the biggest under performers so far. It could change at any time, but those two are duds so far. They had a win and four top 5's out of 7 races this time last year, compared to just two top 5's this year so far.

I blame it on traffic racing him too hard... :D

Prior to this season, they had control over their own car. Now they fall in line at the bottom of the pecking order at JGR. You can bet they will be stifled enough so as to not outshine KDB again.

Prior to this season, they had control over their own car. Now they fall in line at the bottom of the pecking order at JGR. You can bet they will be stifled enough so as to not outshine KDB again.

Remember when HamBone used to have better seasons than KDB? Feels like forever ago.

Remember when HamBone used to have better seasons than KDB? Feels like forever ago.
Yes. I really felt bad for him when he lost his championship simple because his team
left him exposed to "voice in his head" With his personality he should have been kept in isolation
for a month. I think he would have won.

Which at the time I couldn’t figure out why they would sign with The Preacher, seemed like they’d be 3rd out of 4 in the pecking order. Truex and Pearn would have slotted in nicely at SHR right up at maybe 2 behind Harvick.

Which at the time I couldn’t figure out why they would sign with The Preacher, seemed like they’d be 3rd out of 4 in the pecking order. Truex and Pearn would have slotted in nicely at SHR right up at maybe 2 behind Harvick.
My guess is that familiarity played a role. Familiarity with JGR's personnel and the car itself. Some of the crew got to come over also. They are behind from last year, but at the 1/4 mark they are in the chase thing. Chase matters.

Pearn/Truex have been the top team at Toyota past two years even with JGR playing games. That is just a fact. Champion and Runner-up is not an accident. Beating JGR two years in a row is not an accident. When it mattered JGR's lead jockey and horse holder (CC) went lame down the home stretch.

JGR is probably slowing them down, but they're good enough to power through and that I attribute to Pearn. Any NASCAR organization would be lucky to get him. If MTJ complained less and used his bumper more, Pearn might've had more wins. IMHO

Oh yeah, the Coach paranoia stuff. His master plan to squash what was FRR......<Coach rubs his hands together and chuckles> That's a load of crap. Nevermind that they are all undoubtedly getting paid better if you believe the Barney is going broke narrative.

Toyota. That is why they signed with Coach.....and I am not aware of a pecking order, but I do know who the leader in the Drivers and Manufacturers Standings is. The Coach hate narrative is stupid.

My guess is that familiarity played a role. Familiarity with JGR's personnel and the car itself. Some of the crew got to come over also. They are behind from last year, but at the 1/4 mark they are in the chase thing. Chase matters.

T-R-D. Really, how could anybody not understand this?

Hendrick has no cars in the Chase at the 1/4 mark. I think Elliott would be in already but mistakes have kept them out. I don't see that happening all season. Young Byron and ol dog Chad have recently shown signs of life, It's a matter of time, Bryon continues to get better with more experience. Don't know for sure, but Byron is probably the only driver out of everybody in cup with the least amount of racing experience. Johnson has the best record out of all of the Hendrick cars and as the Hendrick cars have continued to improve, I think they will catch up with the new package developments.

Hendrick has no cars in the Chase at the 1/4 mark. I think Elliott would be in already but mistakes have kept them out. I don't see that happening all season. Young Byron and ol dog Chad have recently shown signs of life, It's a matter of time, Bryon continues to get better with more experience. Don't know for sure, but Byron is probably the only driver out of everybody in cup with the least amount of racing experience. Johnson has the best record out of all of the Hendrick cars and as the Hendrick cars have continued to improve, I think they will catch up with the new package developments.

New car, new rules, new drivers.....How the hell do you sort that out in a debrief? This will take time IMO. I am not sure that I would have went with Byron and Bowman in the midst of all of the variables in this, but I don't know who Rick could have gotten. He needed to go after a couple of veterans to fill the gap IMO. Not sure who he could have gotten though.

Holy Joe hated losing to Barney. JGR was exposed by FRR, and the quality of Visser's organization burned thru the JGR death-star, defeating them in both 2017 and 2018.

The JGR butt-hurt went corporate, and Visser took the high-ground on exit. Holy Joe bought the rival that was beating him

and the beat goes on...

New car, new rules, new drivers.....How the hell do you sort that out in a debrief? This will take time IMO. I am not sure that I would have went with Byron and Bowman in the midst of all of the variables in this, but I don't know who Rick could have gotten. He needed to go after a couple of veterans to fill the gap IMO. Not sure who he could have gotten though.

nothing wrong with Byron or Bowman. I haven't seen anybody start out winning everything in sight for years in the cup series. Like many have predicted about the new package, a couple of teams have hit on the package and the rest continue to catch up. It's temporary IMO. the racing will continue to get closer as the teams learn what it takes.

ATT, If you own a well endowed four car team, and only one of your teams is winning in a year -- OK, that's the breaks

then, if that well-endowed four car team has at most only one of the teams winning in the following year, you probably should only be a two car team

Hard to tell if Byron and Bowman are part of the problem, chevy victims at this point or both. At some point without wins, driver change is what it is -- and that's not necessarily a bad thing for drivers and organizations.

Chevy just needs to start whining that they aren't fast enough like Toyota did in 2014 and maybe NASCAR will grant them some concessions.

Lol. Remember when BK started in on how the Fords were going to be behind, then they went out and blasted everyone.

I know when it was posted, I wasn't trying to bust your chops, man. I was aligned in your thinking that they were kind of under-performing, but then the win at Richmond came up. I hope this is the re-start of a... not exactly new trend. :D

Holy Joe hated losing to Barney. JGR was exposed by FRR, and the quality of Visser's organization burned thru the JGR death-star, defeating them in both 2017 and 2018.

The JGR butt-hurt went corporate, and Visser took the high-ground on exit. Holy Joe bought the rival that was beating him

and the beat goes on...

Coach hates losing to anybody.
Barney didn't want to pay anymore.
TRD gave him a free year with the 77 & 5 Hour (maybe two years if you look at it that way)
If Barney's organization was so awesome, why didn't they build their own ****?

TRD gave him a free year with the 77 & 5 Hour (maybe two years if you look at it that way)
If Barney's organization was so awesome, why didn't they build their own sh!t?

Where is the advantage in duplicating chassis? They must be built within certain specs and they have to meet the standards to be able to accept the front clip and the TDR engines.
Truex is doing OK, the best he has in his whole career with 3 other owners.
Pearn on the other hand may want to look elsewhere at the end of this contract
and I can think of at least 4 owners who would rather pay him to work for them than against them.

If Barney's organization was so awesome, why didn't they build their own sh!t?

The Gibbs/Furniture Row thing can be easily explained by Joe Gibbs Racing is not Joe Gibbs Racing, they are the factory Toyota team. (Look at how many other Toyotas are in the field.) The factory team does not like getting beat by their satellite, be it motorcycle racing, sportscars, or NASCAR.

I'm surprised at how out to lunch the 88 car is compared to the rest of HMS lately. Bowman has until after 2020 I believe.

I think if the 88 is out of the top 20 in points by summer time, Greg Ives needs to go.

Or buyout Bowman's contract and bring in a vet that has a history of improving the program ie Kurt

As an aside to Ives, if Bowman ends up outside the top 20 in that car this year, he's at the very least partially responsible.

Bowman was the driver that did all the testing for HMS and it was "His" information
that the 4 cars used. But let's be honest here, HMS ran the 48 and the 24, that was
"The Team" Along came Junior and brought in money, "Lots of Money" up to 30 million a year.
In order for Junior to benefit the most from that money, he was paid a salary AND money in ways that beat the tax man. JRM and all the help from HMS is one of those ways.
One thing is for sure, Crew Chiefs at HMS, are not the best in the business and I exclude Chad from that statement. I will always wonder what drove Ray Evernham away from HMS??????

I dunno. I personally think Gustafson, Meendeering, Knaus are decent. It's clear that Byron and Bowman lack of experience in top tier rides has brought them down IMO.

Was weird how much Dale Jr struggled in 2017, gets in the NXS car last year and leads 100 laps.

Back
Top Bottom