Hendrick fined $100,000

You'd think Rick would have a friend or two with some big under-wing engine planes. The smoke wand is actually really easy to make.

It's the drag-force pads that you really pay for. How many pounds of drag at X MPH.

Poor guy is only gonna be able to buy a handful of Corvettes this year now

But seriously, props to Mr H/HMS for going to NASCAR and telling them they went over.

They reported themselves.

NASCAR does a pretty good job of tracking hours used and I give them credit for having integrity of the issue. They know what they did, took it on the chin, and will not fight the issue.

Same goes for anyone else if they violate.

I think that it is "rib worthy." They have some of the smartest guys in the world looking at the data they get from the tunnel, and they screwed the tens place value up. In some respects, it is really cool. We are all human, and yes, I agree with you, they showed great integrity. Puts some things into perspective the next time I screw something up at work.

Anyone else think that HMS could care less now that they got busted for using too much time? At the end of the day they won they championship, so I guess that fine didn't really mean much

Anyone else think that HMS could care less now that they got busted for using too much time? At the end of the day they won they championship, so I guess that fine didn't really mean much
Hendrick's bunch reported it themselves, took their penalty, paid it and went on. I don't imagine Hendrick himself was too excited about losing 100 thousand and his engineers losing 10 hours of needed tunnel time in 21 didn't make them jump for joy either.

One could theorize that this was the strategy and what they found in the wind tunnel paid off. The #9 team won 3 out of the last 5 races.

I think the lost time would have mattered more if the new car had rolled out next year as originally scheduled.

1605872007928.png

Back
Top Bottom