Herta to drive for AGR

P

PettyBenson

Open-wheel veteran Bryan Herta will drive the No. 27 entry fielded by Andretti Green Racing for the rest of the 2003 IRL IndyCarTM Series season, starting at the SunTrust Indy Challenge on June 27-28 at Richmond International Raceway.

Herta takes over behind the wheel of the No. 27 Archipelago/Motorola Dallara/Honda/Firestone for Dario Franchitti, who announced last week that he will miss the rest of the season due to upcoming back surgery.

Not real surprising, Herta has a race with the team, finished a very respectable 5th in his debut. I've heard Barron might have a deal going with Mo Nunn, in the future, because otherwise I think Mikey would have been smart enough to hire him. Herta was my second choice though and I'm very happy with him, hopefully he or Wheldon wins a race by the end of the year to supplement Kanaan's success.

The Barron thing might be for CART! I hope its for another IRL ride, bc barron did great last year in the IRL. What I ahve heard Barron's deal may be for CART

Has he ever driven in CART before. He did a great job last year for a underfunded team that didn't even make it to this year. I don't know how many drivers could have won a race and finished 5th in the points in that equipment. I hope he gets a ride, even if it's in CART.

yes he has I belive he ran the third Chip car for a year before he moved into the IRL last year! I think he has been with a few other small teams and fille din once in a while for some others!

Back
Top Bottom