Hmmm. what is the current record

H

HardScrabble

for the shortest post race coverage?

Once the Trackcast rating is out, I gotta look that one up. This one is gonna be right up there.

This is true. I would have liked to have heard from Mike McSwain and other drivers. I hope this doesn't signal a trend in post race coverage.

Originally posted by nascarwoman@Mar 9 2003, 10:18 PM
This is true. I would have liked to have heard from Mike McSwain and other drivers. I hope this doesn't signal a trend in post race coverage.
My sentiments exactly. Fatback is always a good interview especially after he wins. I still like Fox's coverage over all a little better than NBC's. But DW is really starting to get on my nerves. I really hope the short coverage was due to the time the race ended, not an indication of things to come.

It was near the end on the hour, or top of the hour, however you want to put it...Can't go over and take up another spot for a MASH re-run.....

they oughta shorten the pre-race show and let the extra time go o the post race show. the pre race shows are boring and just a bunch of speculation by the idiots in the hollywood hotel. the post race show is where we see the driver at there best, or worst.

Originally posted by fergy1370@Mar 9 2003, 05:06 PM
It was near the end on the hour, or top of the hour, however you want to put it...Can't go over and take up another spot for a MASH re-run.....
I would prefer a rerun of M*A*S*H. Instead we get Rosanne! :bleh:

Well in checking the stats today, it seems it is nowhere near the record. Actually according to the numbers the post race coverage was longer than last weeks at Vegas. Maybe I missed part of it or something.

Anyway the record is likely held by one of several races TNT did last season. Now that I think about it, seems I recall complaining about them too. Some of their post race was as short just over 7 minutes which is pathetic.

Originally posted by j ozzman 5000@Mar 9 2003, 06:40 PM
they oughta shorten the pre-race show and let the extra time go o the post race show....the post race show is where we see the driver at there best, or worst.
I totally agree. I would much rather hear from drivers after the race. I mean prerace they go around and ask the drivers how the think they are going to run, do they actually expect a driver to say "well my car ran pretty crappy in happy hour and my qualifying sucked so I am not expecting anything good to come out of the race today, heck I think I will just drive it into the wall around lap 10"I mean come on.

Although yesterday I had to tape the race and my tape ran out after they interviewed JR, I was actually pretty upset cause I figured that I missed the interview with FatBack, but they didn't even interview him? Did they interview Stewart?

Originally posted by HardScrabble@Mar 10 2003, 12:31 PM
Anyway the record is likely held by one of several races TNT did last season.
one of those was because TNT didn't want to cancel the 3rd airing of the thomas crown affair.

Originally posted by j ozzman 5000@Mar 10 2003, 02:21 PM
one of those was because TNT didn't want to cancel the 3rd airing of the thomas crown affair.
Oh yeah I remember that one wasn't that last year?

Back
Top Bottom