Homestead Farewells

ToyYoda

Team Owner
Dale Jr's last race

Kenseth's last race

Danica's last race

Last race for the Chevy SS

Chase's last race in the 24 car before he and William Byron swap numbers next year

Kasey's last race at HMS.

Last race for the #5 car at HMS. Hendrick has fielded a #5 car ever since the team debuted in 1984.

Ryan Blaney's last race with the Wood Brothers before going full-blown Penske next year.

Menard's last race at RCR

Almirola' last race at RPM

Am I forgetting anybody?

Its not Danica's last race if she is going to run the Daytona and Indianapolis 500 in 2018.

I'm also skeptical on Kenseth being done. He'll be back.

I remember when my first driver left the (my) scene. In 1973 or 1974 Butch Lindley stopped racing weekly at Greenville Pickens Speedway. Butch actually moved up to running the 200 lap Late Model races all over the country, and went on to be a two time national champion. But it left a void in my 12 or 13 year old racing world.

In 1975 or 76 I started rooting for a young driver named Donnie Bishop. He never had the national presence that Butch had, but I actually had more fun seeing him get his first win. And going on to win the most championships at the storied track. He may have the most all time wins there too, if not he has to be close.

That simple story may seem small to some. But the point is life goes on, hang in there and find some new memories. Stay tuned, engaged in the racing and some new personalities will naturally get your attention.
What other alternative does a racing fan have?

Butch Lindley was an absolute short track stud. I saw him a few times at Huntsville Speedway, in Huntsville Alabama. That cat could wheel a car with the very best of them. He was a threat to win anywhere he showed up. He was kinda short and stocky, reminded me a little of Cale Yarbrough. And he always conducted himself well. He was very well respected by other drives and fans. He's another driver whose life was cut way too short.

Dale Jr's last race

Kenseth's last race

Danica's last race

Last race for the Chevy SS

Chase's last race in the 24 car before he and William Byron swap numbers next year

Kasey's last race at HMS.

Last race for the #5 car at HMS. Hendrick has fielded a #5 car ever since the team debuted in 1984.

Ryan Blaney's last race with the Wood Brothers before going full-blown Penske next year.

Menard's last race at RCR

Almirola' last race at RPM

Am I forgetting anybody?
Keselowski's last race as a one-time Cup champion...:D

I'm also skeptical on Kenseth being done. He'll be back.

I was skeptical about Edwards and Biffle too. These guys just don't seem to be enjoying the sport like they use to. All three of them could probably find a ride, but choose not to.

I won’t be surprised if Kurt Busch is out of ride next year.

Also one, or two, of the three stooges in NBC’s booth will be taking a hike, likely letarte.

I was skeptical about Edwards and Biffle too. These guys just don't seem to be enjoying the sport like they use to. All three of them could probably find a ride, but choose not to.
It's finding a competitive ride that seems to be the problem. I must be the only one who wonders why Kasey Kahne is so desperate for a ride that he'd climb in the #95, a car that's just this side of a field filler. Maybe Edwards, Biffle, and Kenseth figure they have something better to do than make laps for the sake of making laps, and are well off enough financially that they don't have to.

It's finding a competitive ride that seems to be the problem. I must be the only one who wonders why Kasey Kahne is so desperate for a ride that he'd climb in the #95, a car that's just this side of a field filler. Maybe Edwards, Biffle, and Kenseth figure they have something better to do than make laps for the sake of making laps, and are well off enough financially that they don't have to.
I think KK has no choice if he wants to collect his 2018 contract pay. No difference to him, he isn't doing anything anyway no matter what car he drives. He could get an offer next year from someone else but I doubt that.
The writing is on the wall, reduce pay or your out.

I think KK has no choice if he wants to collect his 2018 contract pay. No difference to him, he isn't doing anything anyway no matter what car he drives. He could get an offer next year from someone else but I doubt that.
The writing is on the wall, reduce pay or your out.
Thanks for reminding me KK is still under contract. That answers my forgetful question. :oops:

Kahne owns his own Sprint team so I doubt that he's hurting for money or from things to do.

Drivers like to be in cars. I'm sure Kahne feels like its not his time to quit being so young still.

Kahne also won at Red Bull when they were considered the bottom of the barrel.

Hated to see Danica’s last race end like that.

Sorry to see Kenseth’s exit from the sport.

Wish my driver could have had a better season. Just glad that he was able to get in that final season in the books proving that the people of Charlotte aren’t always correct. See you in the booth next year Dale.

That simple story may seem small to some. But the point is life goes on, hang in there and find some new memories. Stay tuned, engaged in the racing and some new personalities will naturally get your attention.What other alternative does a racing fan have?

And I'm betting that the next "big" personality in NASCAR, the next NASCAR superstar if you will....with the popularity of Dale Earnhardt Jr. and possibly the record of a Jeff Gordon is going to be Chase Elliot. I hope I'm not jinxing the kid by saying that.

I was gutted to see Danica's possible last race for Tony and Kasey's last race for HMS end the ways that they did. -_-

Farewell, Matt Kenseth and Dale Jr.!

Back
Top Bottom