Homestead Pictures!

P

PettyBenson

If some of you still think that the banking addition to Homestead is nto going to happen I think this will prove otherwise!!! Here is one picture then a link to where the other pics are!

Nice view of turn 3&4 and the banking! Already looks better than the flat track!!!
well I was goign to post one of the pics but it won't let me!? :blink:

Click here for the pictures of the construction!

Looks good so far, but will it be done in time for this years race?

Despite Reports, Miami Will Reconfigure
As part of a major track reconfiguration project, Homestead-Miami Speedway will increase its track banking to a maximum of 20 degrees in the turns through an innovative variable-degree banking system, announced Speedway President Curtis Gray. Construction on the project, estimated to cost in excess of $10 million, began Wednesday with a ceremonial demolition of Homestead-Miami Speedway's Turn Four. The project is scheduled to be complete in time for the 2003 Ford Championship Weekend, the season-finales for the NASCAR Winston Cup, Busch and Craftsman Truck Series, set for November 13-16 at Homestead-Miami Speedway. The reconfiguration project with the added banking comes after feedback from race fans, along with drivers,
asking for more exciting racing at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Reconfiguring the track and increasing the banking at Homestead-Miami Speedway is easier said than done. Below are some facts relevant to this major construction project at the Speedway:
· Amount of landfill needed: 4,050,000 cubic feet of landfill..That's
enough dirt to cover an eight-story building as large as a football field.
· Weight of landfill: 390,000,000 pounds..That's the equivalent of 112,000
NASCAR Winston Cup cars piled together or 2,437,500 160-pound men.
· Miles driven to transport the landfill: Approximately 50,000
miles..That's the equivalent of driving 19 times from South Beach to New
York City and back, or completing the "Daytona 500" 100 times.
· Truckloads of landfill: 10,000 truckloads..If you were to line up 10,000
dump trucks bumper-to-bumper, they would extend more than 30 miles. That's
longer than the distance from Miami to Fort Lauderdale along I-95.
· Amount of fencing: 22 strands of fencing around the 1.5 mile oval..That's
the equivalent of 33 miles of fencing, enough fencing to stretch from
Homestead-Miami Speedway to South Beach.
· Hours worked: On-site construction will go on for roughly 18 hours a day,
seven days a week.
(H-M Speedway)(5-22-03)

Sorry I don't have a link for my last post, but I get a lot of e-mails from different sources. (mostly the SCF newsletter & ARD newsletter). Sometimes I get a link & sometimes I don't.

lets just hope that they dont get hit by any hurricanes this year which could delay the finish, cause I know that the contracting company that my friend owns was suspose to have a new tool store finished by next week. THe peoblem is that we have had way too many storms with lots of rain and stuff, which means that he wont be able to finish it for a long, long time.

I can't wait for the race this fall just to see if it worked or not. My question would be, what if things don't go according to schedule and the reconfiguration isn't done in time for Ford Championship weekend? Would they just cancel the race or move it to a different track?

GOOD Question!!! My guess is that they would try to find some race to finish the season. But if they know like 2 months early that the track won't get done then they might just not race this season and have Phoniex(?) the last race. Or what ever race is second to last!

Back
Top Bottom