Homestead Question

jpell15

Team Owner
I am coming back from a cruise in Miami on November 17th and my flight back to Newark isn't until 8:15 at night. Am I crazy for contemplating renting a car and going to the race? I'm wondering if anybody who has been to Homestead could tell me how traffic and everything around the race track is. Thanks in advance.

On a good day it is about 40 minutes from the speedway to the airport. With the race starting a little after 3, you will be pressed for time and wouldn't think you would see the end of the race.
Traffic in/out of Homestead has gotten better over the years, but Miami traffic in general is terrible.

If you just want to kill a few hours, see the track and maybe half of the race then go for it. I have been to Homestead for many races. It is not one of my favorite tracks, but is the closest NASCAR race for where I live. I usually go to the truck or Xfinity race and rarely go to the cup race.

I saw tickets on stubhub and they're only 28 bucks, I would spend that doing something stupid anyway in Miami. I am considering maybe just staying for the first two stages and then heading for the airport.

My flight was free from the cruise line, and that's the last flight up to Newark for the night.

Trust me, you paid for the flight somewhere. :D

FWIW, there is a lot of construction on the Turnpike from the Redlands to the Airport exit, but, if you only watch the first 2 stages, you "MAY" make it back in time. Miami International Airport is a pain in the ass.

What time does the ship dock?

Back
Top Bottom