Hornaday to RCR

B

bowtie

Ron Hornady will reportedly be taking over the driving duties of the No.2 AC Delco chevy in 2003, replacing Johnny Sauter.

Hmm, that's weird.

I wonder why Richard chose not to go with another young gun.

Wow, thats pretty cool. After Ron left dei i never thought he was gonna get another good ride.

I am very surprised at Suaters pretty poor showing in that car. I wonder where he will be next year, but Good Luck to Ron!

All the Sauters suck. Always in wrecks. But good to see Ron back on a great team.

Can you imagine a race with just Sauters and Bodines? Too bad there aren't more Spencer's to throw in there. They all should go ahead and start the race 5 laps down.

Just about it, but I was thinking just a race with only those drivers.

It would be like watching a hockey game, waiting for a fight to break out.

Nice to see Ron back with DEI. It's a shame to see Sauter go, but he really hasn't done much in that car this year. Hopefully Ron can drive that car real well for Childress.

Originally posted by Ciggie
Nice to see Ron back with DEI.  It's a shame to see Sauter go, but he really hasn't done much in that car this year.  Hopefully Ron can drive that car real well for Childress.

DEI is not RCR>

Thats pretty cool to see Ron Hornaday driving in the same car he was competing against two years ago when Harvick was in it. I hope he can go all the way with RCR next year and win the championships. Go Ron Go.

Originally posted by Coffee Mug
DEI is not RCR>

Yes I know, thanks for pointing out the fact I'm an idiot. So I had a brain fart, who hasn't.

Good ride for Ron, bad for Sauter, hes a real talent, but I think all the wrecks he was in this season messed up his head.

Sauter had a lot of pressure to perform in that #2, since his two predessors in that car had such good seasons in it. He didn't run too badly, but perhaps he was moved into the Busch series too quickly. There's no doubting the talent of that Sauter family.

It's interesting how Ron Hornaday was chosen as RCR's driver. If you will remember, Ron used to drive the DEI truck and the DEI busch series car, so maybe Richard Childress figures he should help Hornaday get back on his feet since Ron had helped his friend Dale Earnhardt. I don't think this is any coincidence that Ron is in the car.

I agree rpmallen, I think it is alot more than just coincidence. Ron is an awesome driver and should do well in good equipment.

Glad to see Ron has an opportunity for a good ride next year.

I'm sorry Johnny Sauter didn't work out. There's a lot of pressure driving that ACDelco car. Wearing the #3, the car won a ROTY in BGN, and 2 championships. Wearing the #2, another ROTY and another championship.

I think Ron will give it a good drive.

Looks like Johnny is still with RCR. According to thatsracing.com, Harvick and Sauter are going to split the duties in the 21 with sponsor"payday".

Harvick, Sauter,
Hornaday to run Grand National races for RCR
By JIM UTTER
ThatsRacin.com Writer
As expected, Richard Childress Racing on Thursday unveiled a shake-up in its NASCAR Grand National program. Kevin Harvick, who won the series championship for RCR in 2001, will team with current RCR driver Johnny Sauter and share driving duties in the No. 21 Chevrolet next season with sponsor PayDay.

In addition, NASCAR veteran Ron Hornaday will move into RCR's No. 2 Chevrolet next season, taking over for Sauter. Hornaday, a two-time NASCAR Trucks series champion, also has extensive experience in Grand National and Winston Cup.

Harvick will compete in 15 of the 34 events on the schedule. Sauter will drive in the remainder of the races.

"I'm excited to be getting back into the series," Harvick said. "This year I didn't have enough to do. I'm looking forward to it because it's going to be a lot of fun and will be good for our Winston Cup effort.

Sauter, who has one series win this season, won 10 races and the American Speed Association series championship in 2000.

"I'm glad to be staying with RCR next year and I look forward to working with Kevin Harvick," Sauter said. "Obviously, Kevin knows what it takes to win a series championship and I'm sure I can learn a few things from him along the way."

Thatsracing.com

I'm glad RCR is keeping Johnny Sauter. With Ron Hornaday and Kevin Harvick helping him next year he will get a few wins next year and probably will go back full-time in 2004.
Putting Ron Hornaday in the ACDelco car was a very smart move on Richard Childress's part. He can see talent a mile away and Ron Hornaday has that talent to get RCR another Busch Championship.

Originally posted by Nascar24rainbow
I'm glad RCR is keeping Johnny Sauter. With Ron Hornaday and Kevin Harvick helping him next year he will get a few wins next year and probably will go back full-time in 2004.
Putting Ron Hornaday in the ACDelco car was a very smart move on Richard Childress's part. He can see talent a mile away and Ron Hornaday has that talent to get RCR another Busch Championship.
Kinda like chasing a rabbit backwards if you ask me,I think ol Richard misses Dale more than we know.;)

Well, that's not such a bad deal for Johnny Sauter. He won't be racing full season, but he'll still have a good ride. And if he can improve his results in the PayDay car, that could help his reputation and earn him a full-ride again. Better than being fired.

I think RCR made the right move on this one.

Heres a picture of the 29 Payday car driving by Kevin Harvick and Johnny Sauter.

That #2 car looks slick, RCR is going for that jagged edge look for '03 on it's cars, it seems (Harvick's car also sort of has that look).

That PayDay car... I'd have to see another angle. I wonder if they are going to do any commercials for that sponsor. Maybe they could get Spencer to make a cameo appearance and be the elephant stealing the PayDay truck, and have Harvick punching Sauter for the candybar in the background.

Back
Top Bottom