How does Natalie Decker keep her ride?

I think many of you are being too hard on (B)) her. The vast majority of her wrecks are not at all her fault and she got thrown into this series way too quickly, and a couple years in ARCA or K&N would do her well. I believe she has more natural stock car talent and potential than Danica
Ok this is unprecedented for me it’s a defense of Danica. Let me just say I disagree comparing Natalie to Danica is insane. Danica at least conducted herself in a professional and marketable manner. Not like a 12 year old off the abc mouse show. Danica was a way better driver too. Is Natalie approved for all sizes of nascar tracks? Because I wouldn’t approve her for anything over 1 mike tracks

I don't think Decker is going to be in the sport that long at least in the top three series. It's a big jump to the trucks from K&N or ARCA and her equipment is top shelf and she is failing. Some will say oh, she was moved up too fast. Moved up from what? She wasn't doing that great in the series she came from. It isn't just her, many drivers move up and they weren't doing that well in the series they were in. Goofy logic to think they will do better in a tougher series but you see it all the time. Of course there is the rare exception, but vary rarely. In her case the money was there, but I really doubt with all of the mangled equipment DGR Crosley has to deal with it is working out. They sounded like they were wore out with it at Bristol. They are past biting their tongues, this is costing them big time. It probably looked like easy money on paper.

I know how tempting it is for female drivers to use their "assets" so to speak to garner attention for their racing career, but I REALLY wonder if it does more harm than good in the long run. It's hard enough for a woman to be taken seriously in racing, and running around acting like a model surely doesn't help. Obviously some of these ladies are quite attractive, but perhaps it would just be better to let others notice it rather than trying to flaunt it.

I think the primary problem with Natalie Decker not being taken seriously is her actual driving performance or lack, the posing and flaunting is an aside imo.

Going beyond her I am thinking that a female will eventually prove to be one of the best drivers at the highest level. But I think her opportunities to demonstrate the talent will still be dependent on her looks to open the doors. It isn't fair and racing has never been about fairness imo, but l believe it is the reality.

I think only the best drivers win, but l do not think every great driver gets the same opportunity.

I know how tempting it is for female drivers to use their "assets" so to speak to garner attention for their racing career, but I REALLY wonder if it does more harm than good in the long run. It's hard enough for a woman to be taken seriously in racing, and running around acting like a model surely doesn't help. Obviously some of these ladies are quite attractive, but perhaps it would just be better to let others notice it rather than trying to flaunt it.

Johanna Long was the best of the most recent crop of female racers. She was/is comfortable in her own skin. And she can drive. She won the Snowball Derby. No drama, no photo spreads, just a racer. Where did it get her? She's ten times better than Decker ever will be.

I take them one woman at a time myself and I don't think it is wise to lump all female drivers into one group. I don't think talent when I think Decker. I do think out of the current crop that Deegan is trying her level best to be a success in a very competitive sport. Deegan has some negatives, she hasn't grown up running pavement like so many she is competing with have, but she has already eclipsed Decker in the short time she has been around. I think personally that Deegan would have done a better job for DGR Crosley even though she has vastly less experience. And no I am not saying Deegan should be driving a truck for the moved up too soon crowd. I meant if she was thrown to the wolves, I don't think she would be wrecking the truck every race.

Ok this is unprecedented for me it’s a defense of Danica. Let me just say I disagree comparing Natalie to Danica is insane. Danica at least conducted herself in a professional and marketable manner. Not like a 12 year old off the abc mouse show. Danica was a way better driver too. Is Natalie approved for all sizes of nascar tracks? Because I wouldn’t approve her for anything over 1 mike tracks
Danica was FAR from professional for atleast a year.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I take them one woman at a time myself and I don't think it is wise to lump all female drivers into one group. I don't think talent when I think Decker. I do think out of the current crop that Deegan is trying her level best to be a success in a very competitive sport. Deegan has some negatives, she hasn't grown up running pavement like so many she is competing with have, but she has already eclipsed Decker in the short time she has been around. I think personally that Deegan would have done a better job for DGR Crosley even though she has vastly less experience. And no I am not saying Deegan should be driving a truck for the moved up too soon crowd. I meant if she was thrown to the wolves, I don't think she would be wrecking the truck every race.
Deegan has a passion for the sport and is a student. She's also 17, and that is so abundantly clear. She could make it to cup, and end up being a borderline playoff driver

Deegan has a passion for the sport and is a student. She's also 17, and that is so abundantly clear. She could make it to cup, and end up being a borderline playoff driver

I believe she is 18 now. One big thing in her favor, her dad has made a living for the family racing, he still does. I believe she is always looking at it from that angle. So yeah, I think with her and her family's experience, she will be around and not a flash in the pan. In comparison, just how serious is Decker? I don't see it myself, I know she is young, but others her age sure seem like they live and breathe racing.

go drive a stock car sometime, (try to do it on a short track) There are plenty of driving schools out there to give it a try. Go give me 15 of your fastest laps. Then get back to me on what you think it takes. I never understand why society seems so bent on blurring the lines of gender. Its actually a disservice to both genders in doing so and mocks each's divine roles.

I personally never have a problem with who drives. what. if you can win I don't care if you are a green alien. lets see wins and track championships in late models before we think any of these drivers who get put in the upper ranks are going to make it.

go drive a stock car sometime, (try to do it on a short track) There are plenty of driving schools out there to give it a try. Go give me 15 of your fastest laps. Then get back to me on what you think it takes. I never understand why society seems so bent on blurring the lines of gender. Its actually a disservice to both genders in doing so and mocks each's divine roles.

I personally never have a problem with who drives. what. if you can win I don't care if you are a green alien. lets see wins and track championships in late models before we think any of these drivers who get put in the upper ranks are going to make it.

The thread is about Decker who happens to be a minority in the series a female, not an alien, or divined from anything, and her lack of performance at the truck level.

Nobody is blurring anything, Natalie just has not performed nor has improved that much. Not to mention she's in a truck that can win races. Natalie seems like a very nice young lady, but her driving this year leaves a lot to be desired. A second year is a slim to none chance at this point, at least IMO.

Going beyond her I am thinking that a female will eventually prove to be one of the best drivers at the highest level.

As long as racing is physically exhausting I don't think it will ever happen.

That's why they seem to do best at races under 5 seconds duration. But that's JMO. :D
hiding.gif

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-18_9-52-9.jpeg
    upload_2019-8-18_9-52-9.jpeg
    5.4 KB · Views: 165
watch this video, I am stunned they put someone like her in a car. She seems like she would be better on the hannah montana pre teen show. Totally and I mean totally immature. she must have some serious family money fitting the bill.

I have no words...OK, maybe I do. Sitting on the floor of the hospital waiting room playing with a toddler's playset, matching up a star to the correct hole? I really didn't know much about this girl other than what I have seen during truck races and now I wished I hadn't learned more.

I couldn't care less about how mature Natalie Decker is or isn't. She can play with toddler toys all she wants. My problem is her lack of driving ability, not whatever she choose to do when she isnt on the track.

As for Deegan, I'll talk about how great she is once she starts racing and performing well in one of the top 3 series. I'm not sure how we can talk about how good she is and how much better she is than Natalie Decker when she's still racing in the K&N series.

I watched 10 seconds of the video and my gosh what is she 14? Flipping her hair around and putting on her driving suit showed me all I need to know. The marketing for this girl is about her looks and the fact she is female. Unreal. I think there are probably more deserving drivers out there than her.

I believe she is 18 now. One big thing in her favor, her dad has made a living for the family racing, he still does. I believe she is always looking at it from that angle. So yeah, I think with her and her family's experience, she will be around and not a flash in the pan. In comparison, just how serious is Decker? I don't see it myself, I know she is young, but others her age sure seem like they live and breathe racing.
Exactly. Deegan is a racer. I also feel that it's quite different... She's famous as a racer at a much younger age than Danica and Decker, and it's due to results. I know some people don't think women belong in this sport, but if there's any woman who inevitably will truly deserve a ride in a cup car, it could be Deegan. She seems to be on that path

As long as racing is physically exhausting I don't think it will ever happen.

That's why they seem to do best at races under 5 seconds duration. But that's JMO. :D
hiding.gif

I am probably insane for going there but this my best example and shot to express my thoughts.

I think Danica was more fit than most males and capable of physically going the distance.
The physical strength to go 500 or 600 miles is not the ceiling in cup racing. Being fit is a great thing and needed. But l dont think the physical capabilities is is uncommon or extremely remarkable among the best. As least half of the drivers have enough gas in the tank imo.

I think the biggest difference between those who can win and those who cannot is the technical skills (and obviously the equipment).
I think Danica would have been better served to have worked her way through ARCA, K&N, Trucks and Infinity first.

Back to Decker and the other female racers, I think they are using a more realistic approach now. Decker just may not be cut out to make it on an individual level. There will always be those from both sexes that just will not succed at the highest level. There is no shame with that, they had the courage to try.

watch this video, I am stunned they put someone like her in a car. She seems like she would be better on the hannah montana pre teen show. Totally and I mean totally immature. she must have some serious family money fitting the bill.

Does NASCAR require any psychological tests for their drivers?
I mean, this is almost worse than that Racing wives TV show.

Does NASCAR require any psychological tests for their drivers?
I mean, this is almost worse than that Racing wives TV show.
I think this the angle like any other teen pre teen kind of trying to attract followers kind of thing. It works for social media for teen bands, or young female stars etc. Fake music and dance moves are much easier to get around than driving a race car. I personally think she is way over her head in a truck.

I would assume that Natalie keeps her job because the team owner and sponsors want her in the ride --- I'm sure they
have their reasons.
Do they want their employees to learn how to fix wrecked racecars? Maybe be able to do it faster? They get a lot of practice. Tyler Ankrum is in the same equipment and has a win and is in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom