How is your favorite baseball team doing?

Benevolent One

Team Owner
Break up the Indians!

Ok, that may be a little premature. But, the Cleveland Indians are playing really well right now. After losing their first two games, the Indians haven't lost since. They swept the Red Sox and then they just blasted the Mariners last night 12-3. They had 10 hits and scored 10 runs in the 4th inning alone. They are hitting really well, especially the middle of their order. Carlos Santana is hitting well as usual and Travis Hafner is just amazing right now. He hasn't hit like this in years. He looks like he did when he hit 42 homers and batted like .340 with 125 RBI a few years ago. He has had shoulder problems and they were blaming his recent struggles on that. If that's the case, apparently he really is finally healthy.

I don't know how long this will last, but it is really fun to watch every minute of their games right now. It likely all depends on how long the pitching holds up. They have a pretty inexperienced starting rotation, but right now they are pitching well too.

How is your team doing?

Well, I'm not sure if we really have a team here in Pittsburgh or simply a bunch of guys wearing the same type of clothing. :D Whoever they are, they seem to be sitting only a half game back @ 5 n 3. That's what has me confused..... We haven't had a team here since the early 90's. These guys are playing ball over a .500+ pace! Hooray!

Other then a bad outting by Hamels vs the Mets and a bad outting last night by Lee the Phillies are off to a 5-2 start.

6 and 2 after a smashing of the Braves 10-2 today

The Indians won again last night 2-1. That gives them a 6-2 record and they remain all alone in first place in their division. I know it won't last, but it is really fun right now.

Should be a good week for the Phils we start with the Nationals

The Orioles beatdown of the Yankees has been postponed.

nice

The Indians got shut out last night. Dan haren shutting you out is not too big of a deal, though. Fausto Carmona pitched very well again also. He went the whole 8 innings and gave up only 2 runs on a few hits. 8-3 still isn't a bad start.

Last night was one of our weird games thanks mostly I think to the Phorgetable Phifth also known as Joe Blanton.

Rangers get 5 double plays in 7 innings against the Yankees and the game still has 2 more innings.Spankin the Yanks 5-1.:beerbang::beerbang:

I'm noticing a weird pattern for us this year...all our loses are in series openers.

Another 3+ run inning. :mad:

Glad to see the Orioles still suck.

It might not mean much to you Andy, but that is exactly what the Indians have been doing this year. They've had these huge innings where they just string together a bunch of hits. They are batting like .220 with the bases empty, .310 with guys on base and about .300 with runners in scoring position. They had a 10 run inning against the Mariners last weekend and all but the last couple scored on singles.

Hold up.....did the Red Sox actually win 2 in row! Tito please get Crawford out of lead off spot already!!!

The Tribe just swept the Orioles. They are now 11-4 and in all alone in first place in the AL Central. They start a 4 game series tonight with the Royals who, amazingly enough, are only a game behind the Indians in second place.

They got Grady Sizemore back and decided to win a game with solo homers, instead of long rallies, just to mix things up. Apparently they were bored with winning so many games in the same fashion.

Back
Top Bottom