How long before Deegan is as good as Chadwick

DanicaFreak

2021 Big Gator winner <Green Monster>
???? Read some on her seems like a good racer. Has a win. Goooo Deegan!

AJ Foy didn't get his first professional win until he was 22 years THEREFORE Deegan is on pace to rewrite the record books

It took Chadwick into the third race of her second season to get her first road course podium, and another few races afterwards to get her first road course win. She’s a few years older and came from a real European single-seater background, so I wouldn’t expect Deegan to perform anywhere near that, at least not for a while. If she can fight in the top 10-15 at times that would probably be a good start.

She does have miles more oval experience than anyone she’ll be racing with so she should have an opportunity to compete for podiums and maybe even wins there. I’m pretty sure she’s been to every NXT oval (Gateway/Iowa/Milwaukee/Nashville) at least a few times already through the NASCAR ladder.

The annual Chris Griffis Memorial Test is on Friday so we’ll get a pretty quick read as to where she stacks up on pace.
Will this be on tv?
I've watched some of her test sessions on YouTube. She seems to be getting the hang of it.

You know I loved it when Patrick was in IndyCar and I'm looking forward to following Deegan thanks for all of your excellent analysis FLF

She picked up three seconds from the morning to the afternoon session. Obviously, it’ll be easier to progress so rapidly when you start off at such a low baseline, but she did improve over the course of the day. For what I imagine is only her second day in open wheelers after that test outing in a regional F3 car at Putnam Park, it ain’t too bad. Certainly she’ll need to be in a simulator all she can over the next five or so months before the season starts. But I think she and HMD are also going into this deal understanding it’s at least a two-year project and 2025 is pretty much just learning and progressing.

Not soon based on her track record of not putting in work.

FB_IMG_1729296751044.jpg

Not soon based on her track record of not putting in work.

View attachment 81056
She’s at least been saying the right things in that regard. I think the way the Xfinity program ended earlier this year was a kick in the ass that she’s ready to learn from. Will that mean she’s a factor next year…no. She just had her second day ever in single seaters and will be going up against guys who already have championships in the U.S., Mexico, Europe, Oceania. If it doesn’t work out, you hope it’s because she doesn’t have the ability and the experience, not because she didn’t put the work in.

Back
Top Bottom