How many days ‘til the 2019 Daytona 500?

0321GordonAccident.jpg

80cup-rich.jpg

eldora-80.jpg

For some reason I like the classic photos best. It seems like yesterday I was at the tracks and watching these old cars race
Me too I like the history of racing shown in pictures, and I also like the pics with the passenger cars and trucks of the day in the back ground. You can tell around what year they were taken of the race car by the cars and trucks

Me too I like the history of racing shown in pictures, and I also like the pics with the passenger cars and trucks of the day in the back ground. You can tell around what year they were taken of the race car by the cars and trucks

Absolutely,the background cars the clothes the haulers the stands and the fans in the stands. Takes me back to where everything wasn’t perfect. Run what ya brung days

Absolutely,the background cars the clothes the haulers the stands and the fans in the stands. Takes me back to where everything wasn’t perfect. Run what ya brung days
Being from B.A. as you are, back in the 70's I lived around 15th and Sheridan in Tulsa. Fairgrounds only a mile away. Hearing those super modifieds from my house made it almost impossible for me to stay away from that place. :D Emmet Hahn, Chili Bowl, and Ray Crawford, were the two front runners back then. good stuff.

Being from B.A. as you are, back in the 70's I lived around 15th and Sheridan in Tulsa. Fairgrounds only a mile away. Hearing those super modifieds from my house made it almost impossible for me to stay away from that place. :D Emmet Hahn, Chili Bowl, and Ray Crawford, were the two front runners back then. good stuff.

Benny “Wahoo Taylor,Buddy Cagle,”Dynamite “ Mike Mcgee.Charlie Wells,Doug Johnson,Don Engle,Hershel Thompson.Went to the old track and was there on opening night at the new one. Good times. You could’ve walked to the track

Bought a 650 Yamaha from K&N.;)
I had a 650 twin that got stolen when my apartment neighbors upstairs moved in the middle of the night.I had a 750 Honda 4 cylinder before that.The Honda was much more fun.The twin was chromed out but was kind of doggy.

Jennifer Joe Cobb's car being pushed behind the wall before the start of the race at Bristol in 2011.

And now the rest of the story.

Jenn Jo Cobb was told ten minutes before the race that she was to start and park her car. When she resisted the idea, it was then conveyed to her by 2nd Chance Motorsports team owner Rick Russell that if she refused, he would have NASCAR black-flag her so she�d have to pull in. The owner�s plan was to save the car for California. Too bad the driver had already been tipped off that she wouldn�t even be in the car next week, despite her contract to drive.

So in a bold move that I attribute to female stubbornness, she parked the car before starting it. Just parked it and climbed on out. You want a start and park driver? Find yourself someone else because �I�m here to race.�

She�d bought the tires herself, put together a crew with the help of her crew chief Steve Kuykendall (because the owner had left the real crew back home and not even brought them to the track!), and was ready to race. When that chance was taken away, she stood firm, and walked away.

Back
Top Bottom