How many days till the Daytona 500?

It's midnight in the East, so...
13-CMS-93.jpeg

Just realized a bit of interesting trivia as I posted my photo: this was the 2001 Melling Racing #92 Dodge driven by Stacy Compton, with Chad Knaus as the Crew Chief. Also in 2001, guess what number car Jimmie Johnson was driving in the BGN series? You got it, 92.

Last edited:
Just realized a bit of interesting trivia as I posted my photo: this was the 2001 Melling Racing #92 Dodge driven by Stacy Compton, with Chad Knaus as the Crew Chief. Also in 2001, guess what number car Jimmie Johnson was driving in the BGN series? You got it, 92.
Can't believe I never noticed that. Awesome.

Once, I was playing NASCAR Racing 2003 Season on the PC and was doing a replay of the 2001 season and that car won the Daytona 500. :confused::confused::confused:

Once, I was playing NASCAR Racing 2003 Season on the PC and was doing a replay of the 2001 season and that car won the Daytona 500. :confused::confused::confused:
Only in a video game :) I remember I was once running a season on one of the NASCAR Thunder games from the early '00s, and Shawna Robinson won the Daytona 500.

This was Jimmie's car in 2001. Ironic that his sponsor was Excedrin, because he's given all his competitors headaches ever since...
jj 2001.JPG

I think it's a testament to Chad's genius that he got that car on the pole twice that year.

This thread might really help get through the off season. Good on ya OP!

..And Stewart fan. The photo thing is badassedly spontaneously badass!

In other WTF news?! Good ol' JT Hayes...errr...Terri O'Connell as she goes by today after surgery to have a sex change. :confused:

Did they flip invert # to be 16 afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom