How Many RPM's Will Newman Turn

T

toddgee24

last year at pocono, newman wasnt shifting down the front stretch, and was turning about 9600, lasted the whole race to, think the penske/jasper boys will run that type of engine again?

that was a Ford motor, surprized it lasted that long. well this year it being a dodge i will give it 9000 then it go.

I am a Newman fan!!! But that Boys is hard on is equipment!!! 2nd time he lost his powersteering!!! Last year all of those blow motors... Makes me wonder!!! I must say the kid can drive!!!

Yeah Newman can drive!! But I do wonder about his ability to manage his equipment. His unwillingness to heed his Crew Chief's advice to back it down and give up 1st place to get a piece of debris off his grill, even after the water temp got very high; was a sign that this guy rides it hard till it blows up.

I doubt he will turn over 9200 this year. The Dodge engines can't handle it and I wouldn't want to risk it if I were Newman. Considering the season he's had so far, conservative would probably be a better move.

Then again neither Penske nor Rusty are known for playing it safe and Newman seems to be following in Rusty's footsteps on this issue.

9800 and wouldn't be suprised if its close to 10 in qualifing. This is coming from a chevy fan, and yes the dodge engine can handle it no problamo. 9200 is going back in time, no way. R & D baby, R & D.

Originally posted by NateDogg@Jun 6 2003, 12:04 PM
9800 and wouldn't be suprised if its close to 10 in qualifing. This is coming from a chevy fan, and yes the dodge engine can handle it no problamo. 9200 is going back in time, no way. R & D baby, R & D.
I haven't seen any dodges turning over 9k. They were suposed to be in the 10k ranage eary on.

You know, with the amount of valve rotation those Mopar chambers haveI think they're playing the game of matching killer ports against reduced valve timing (lot of lift though). This would give a strong torque curve at the expense of RPM...but help mileage a bit.

Back
Top Bottom