How old are you?

got in late on this one
I'm 50 years young.
I also remember my mom sending me on my bike with one dollar and I came home with 4 drinks and a pack of baseball cards( with gum in it).

got in late on this one
I'm 50 years young.
I also remember my mom sending me on my bike with one dollar and I came home with 4 drinks and a pack of baseball cards( with gum in it).
We done the same thing. I had a Schwinn Stingray with a 5-speed shifter in front of the banana seat. (Don't crash and slide into the shifter.)
I always come home with everything on mom's list and that same dollar bill in my sock. :)

We done the same thing. I had a Schwinn Stingray with a 5-speed shifter in front of the banana seat. (Don't crash and slide into the shifter.)
I always come home with everything on mom's list and that same dollar bill in my sock. :)
I hear ya and those cards clipped with a clothes pin made that bike sound great.
Boy I wish I had some of those cards now. Lol

lisa said:
I feel about 100 today.

That's about how I feel. Got back from wrestling camp. Hurt my chest, nose, and head. not fun and tired

lisa said:
Yesterday was payday and I spent most of the day trying to figure out how to stretch my paycheck. :(

Two dif problems but that sucks :(

lisa said:
Yesterday was payday and I spent most of the day trying to figure out how to stretch my paycheck. :(
Right now my biggest problems are shin splints, upper body strained cartlidge, and a possible 4th concussion that I almost refuse to see the doc cause they may tell me no wrestling. Don't want to let gpa down as he is state HOF for coaching wrestling

Last edited:
Right now my biggest problems are shin splints, upper body strained cartlidge, and a possible 4th concussion that I almost refuse to see the doc cause they may tell me no wrestling. Don't want to let gpa down as he is state HOF for coaching wrestling

Just a guess but I'd think your state HOF for coach would rather you take care of your possible 4th concussion then to worry about letting him down.

Head injuries are nothing to play with, bro.

A Schwinn bike! WOW! Brings back memories. This is exactly like the one I got for Christmas when I was twelve. It had the headlight and a horn built in the center tank. I delivered newspapers and had a basket on the front to carry 63 daily papers six days and 42 on Sunday. The route was nearly six miles, rain or snow. made three dollars per week and learned life lessons on personal finance and a lot about people in general.

vintage_schwinn_bike_11.jpg

A Schwinn bike! WOW! Brings back memories. This is exactly like the one I got for Christmas when I was twelve. It had the headlight and a horn built in the center tank. I delivered newspapers and had a basket on the front to carry 63 daily papers six days and 42 on Sunday. The route was nearly six miles, rain or snow. made three dollars per week and learned life lessons on personal finance and a lot about people in general.

vintage_schwinn_bike_11.jpg
Ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Ever take it off any sweet jumps?

No, but when my son was about nine or ten, we gave him a bike similar to a "stinger"for Christmas. We lived out of town on a dead end country road with a long paved drive. One afternoon in the summer as I drove in the dooryard after work, he ran up to greet me and said, "come look at what I did."
I noticed he was scratched up and had some road rash but being naive, I'm thinking he just completed a BIG project of some sort. Instead he showed me his bike, broken in half! He had set up a ramp in the downhill drive and had been setting up jumps, trying to get a further distance each time, until the inevitable happened. The bike broke in half!
Then he got a Suzuki 80 and tried motocross and from there on it was every weekend going to motocross races with him. I loved every minute of it!! And he always made a respectable showing, qualifying for the national championship at Loretta Lynn's Ranch at Hurricane Mills, Tennessee.

59 -------------------- my mom gave me a dollar and I came home with a hooker a case of cheap wine and a half pack of camel straights :D

69 here. Hard to believe in less than 4 months I'll start my 70s.

im surprised to see lot of you are from my generation. im 26 myself. Now burning question is anyone deaf NASCAR fan? :D

Back
Top Bottom