Hunting thread

I remember rabbit hunting with a friend and we came upon a kind of deadfall and he went one way and I went the other then "Whoosh" a covey of quail went out of it - we almost shot each other :biggrin:

The quails all lived happily ever after.

• Haha
Reactions: sdj
I remember rabbit hunting with a friend and we came upon a kind of deadfall and he went one way and I went the other then "Whoosh" a covey of quail went out of it - we almost shot each other :biggrin:

The quails all lived happily ever after.

I know the feeling, a unexpected good rise will make you poop your pants. :lol2:

I called this one in for my wife Yesterday Morning, 8 3/4 beard, 15lb 8oz., 3/4 and 15/16 inch spurs.
It took me 1hour and 45 minutes from the time I heard him to call him within range, watched him strut and drum as he came into sight from behind a large clump of palmettos. A lot of hens are bred and these guys are really active now for some lovin. By the time she got the bird my adrenaline was used up, LOL, what a great morning. :)

Turkey Gails Bird 3-27-2020.jpg

My wife sent me this pic from earlier this morning. Today is the first day of rifle season in PA. My brother-in-law with one he took today......

Attachments

• 29584.jpeg
    29584.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 129
Back
Top Bottom