This storm ain't no :bsflag:

Unsurvivable storm surge with large and destructive waves will cause
catastrophic damage from Sea Rim State Park, Texas, to Intracoastal
City, Louisiana, including Calcasieu and Sabine Lakes. This surge
could penetrate up to 40 miles inland from the immediate coastline,
and flood waters will not fully recede for several days after the
storm.

Capture.jpg

Hurricane Sally is exploding right before it makes landfall. Just like Isaias and Laura.

Pretty impressive to strengthen while hugging the coast. 105 mph winds in the eyewall is no joke.

Active tropics with a warm summer is a perfect combo for landfalling hurricanes in the US. Nothing to really push them away

It hit pretty hard here. Still no electricity in most of area. No gas and very little open anywhere. 12 hours of winds. Lots of trees down. Came thru with very little damage, but lots of limbs down. Been camping out on the front deck with our grill. Maybe by next Tuesday electricity on. Fingers crossed.

I've always thought the people of La were a tough bunch (probably influenced from watching
too many Swamp People shows and being a Coach Orgeron fan) but this hurricane season really
sets a new high bar for how resilient Louisianans are. I mean - really? This is brutal.

I've always thought the people of La were a tough bunch (probably influenced from watching
too many Swamp People shows and being a Coach Orgeron fan) but this hurricane season really
sets a new high bar for how resilient Louisianans are. I mean - really? This is brutal.

The Louisiana Cajun Navy came up here during Hurricane Florence and rescued people and animals from the floodwaters in Carteret County. BAMFs.

Hurricane Delta has that look now. Unbelievable that this storm appears destined to hit the same exact areas devastated by Laura.

Cameras have been already placed at Cypermort Point, Pecan Island, Creole, and Grand Chenier. YouTube channel is hurricanetrack.

Zeta’s coming through here now, ended up as a Cat 2 and has been a little worse than I expected, which is the opposite of every other hurricane we’ve gotten this year. Power just went out at my house, thankfully it’s a pretty quick moving storm so we shouldn’t get too much from it.

Glad we got a president (hopefully) soon that believes in climate change.

Back
Top Bottom