I can no longer paste text with color.

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Just curious if I am missing a toggle of some sort while pasting. I keep the NASCAR Bold Prediction results stored in a Word document using color to indicate a correct or incorrect prediction. Before the latest update I could simply cut/paste that document into the thread and it would retain the color. When I do so now the color is lost. Is there something that I can do on my end to maintain the color in the pasted data or is that something that needs to be corrected on the boards end?

I'll be doing this similar thing soon with the 2013 Chase for the Cup game starting after the Richmond race.

Thanks.

It looks like this is an intentional "feature" of the new editor.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/a-new-editor-and-much-much-more.50519/

I'll see if there's a way to get it to keep color from pastes

In the meantime, you might be able to use a Word document converter to turn it to HTML, and then another one to get it from HTML to bbcode

http://document.online-convert.com/convert-to-html

http://www.seabreezecomputers.com/html2bbcode/
Thanks for the response. I'll check that out.

It doesn't look like XenForo is willing to budge on this feature. I may be able to install another text editor. Someone forwarded me a link to a newer version of the editor XenForo used to use - TinyMCE. I'll check that out and see if it's viable.

Yes, you can make new color with the editor. What you can't do is paste something that is already in the color you want. It strips color

I'm still looking into the addon that replaces the editor with a newer version of TinyMCE. It looks like I'll need to create a special usergroup which activates this editor instead of the Redactor editor. Should be able to do something this weekend or soon thereafter. I'll let you know when that happens.

I'm still looking into the addon that replaces the editor with a newer version of TinyMCE. It looks like I'll need to create a special usergroup which activates this editor instead of the Redactor editor. Should be able to do something this weekend or soon thereafter. I'll let you know when that happens.
Thanks again.

Well, this weekend turned into next weekend, and next weekend turned into "oh ****, I still need to find a new apartment and pack up and move."

Sorry about that. Hope it isn't holding you up too bad. Have you been able to at least use a word-to-BBcode converter in the meantime?

Well, this weekend turned into next weekend, and next weekend turned into "oh ****, I still need to find a new apartment and pack up and move."

Sorry about that. Hope it isn't holding you up too bad. Have you been able to at least use a word-to-BBcode converter in the meantime?
Not a big deal. Those other things that you have to do are of far more importance.

No, I had tried it once and failed but It's not that inconvenient. I might revisit it. I'll continue to edit it for color after I paste or I may just turn it into an Excel Spreadsheet and turn it into a .jpg and upload it that way.

I've installed this editor and enabled it for you. And me as well so that I could test to see if it worked or not. After a bit of fiddling around with the configuration, it seemed to work. Give it a go and let me know if the paste retains all of the things that you think it should retain.

If anyone else would like to try this as well, let me know, I need to set you up in a special usergroup that has this editor enabled. :beerbang:

I've installed this editor and enabled it for you. And me as well so that I could test to see if it worked or not. After a bit of fiddling around with the configuration, it seemed to work. Give it a go and let me know if the paste retains all of the things that you think it should retain.

If anyone else would like to try this as well, let me know, I need to set you up in a special usergroup that has this editor enabled. :beerbang:
Thanks, I'll try this today.

I tried it and still have no success. Does it have to be within a specific format in order for it to work? My info is in the form of a Word Document.

Back
Top Bottom