I cant wait to see the first glimpses of the SHR fords

I believe hood and grill are used from the manufacturer. The bodies on all makes are the same as they are round on the drivers side but flat on the right side.

I believe hood and grill are used from the manufacturer. The bodies on all makes are the same as they are round on the drivers side but flat on the right side.

The front clips are definitely different the rest looks the same

One body, one templet.

I think you are thinking of the old 'car of tomorrow' , they all had a common template . Nascar got together with the three manufacturers and allowed them to put different cars on track as long as they all had similar drag numbers . So now they all use different templates but pass through the air at about the same speed .I think you will see a lot more of this in the future and it will help the manufacturers to sell their brands while still being competitive on track.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/ctrp-1305-2013-nascar-gen-6-bodies/

All the deck lids are the same across the brands as they are one of the areas not open for brand changes. They are available from a NASCAR supplier while the hoods come from the brand OEMs. As new cars were being built in late 2012 and even before Daytona 2013, there was a shortage of deck lids for building and testing cars. That should have been relieved by the time you read this but maybe not as the carnage on the new cars has been higher than usual.

As far as the rest of the body, the OEMs used to supply steel stampings for the hoods, roofs, deck lids and A, B and C posts/pillars. The teams then made the sides from sheet metal with flat openings for the wheels. With the new rules that came with the COT, the bodies have become more precise (NASCAR is developing a laser inspection rig as we write this.) and that means the panels and pieces need to be as well. The new bodies have a lot more styling cues on the sides and now, they are using very pronounced wheel well flarings. All body pieces are new stampings that come from the brands made from 24 gauge.0.0247 minimum cold rolled steel. What’s really surprising is the number of pieces that now come from the OEMs.

Back
Top Bottom