I need a hat, a chain for my wallet & a can of snuff.

So..... I added this Carplay/Android Auto device to my truck this week allowing fort more of a hands free environment. Working pretty good so far. Just trying to figure out where I want to permanently mount it. It has a 10" screen that also allows me to mirror my phone's screen for television viewing while parked, sitting in the driver's seat.

IMG_5275.jpeg
IMG_5276.jpeg
IMG_5277.jpeg

I ran across this video of a driver that got stuck in the dry and cold storage cave in Independence MO. Most people probably don't know that there is an underground dry and cold storage cave, but it is a pretty neat place to see. I have been in there a few times years ago. My refrigerated trailer was a 48-foot with a fixed tandem, but a lot of the refrigerated and dry box trailers now are 53 feet with sliding tandem.

Iron Mountain has a repurposed limestone mine in the Pittsburgh area. They provide document storage and data continuity services. The company I worked for used them to store backup tapes and legally required documents.

Not my image, and used without permission.
1717841708103.png

Iron Mountain has a repurposed limestone mine in the Pittsburgh area. They provide document storage and data continuity services. The company I worked for used them to store backup tapes and legally required documents.

Not my image, and used without permission.
View attachment 78818
I live about 10 minutes from this location. There are many businesses located in there. Many people from my area work or have worked there. It's an old limestone mine. About 60 miles north of Pittsburgh in Boyers, PA.

Spending a couple weeks at the beach here at Assateaque Island. Our usual spot twice a year. Was treated with a fly-by shortly after staking our beach spot for the day yesterday. The video is kinda cool but I don't think it'll post here. Here's a screen capture.....

IMG_5315.jpeg

Nice looking beach. I assume those are wild horses just wandering around? If so, that's cool.

Interesting info in that story.

Ponies, horses..... They're horses to me. A 'hand' shy of being a horse is still a horse to me. They're big animals when you're face to face with them.

I don't know how they interact with people south of the Maryland border but up here, they tend to own the island. My access is limited to the camping section that stretches about 3 miles or so in the northern end. Almost every day I see them raid people's unattended campsites. The horses know where the food is. At least once every stay here I see them scare people away from the picnic table dinner. Happened yesterday to a couple that just got sat down to eat. They're like any other animal that detects fear and takes advantage of it. They will leave you alone if you show a little aggression.

At our RV, we have a garden hose with a spray nozzle attached. If they decide to invade or space, a quick spray changes their minds. When we go to the beach, we carry a spray bottle. Yeah, the beach is theirs too. Can't leave unattended snacks unsecured there either.

I don't mean to make it sound like it's a constant battle. It's not. Most times they're just part of the scenery. We see their small groups several times a day from our campsite, beach or bike rides. Their mostly looking for or eating food. On extremely hot days they'll head to the beach. Especially this time of the year with the water being so cool. They mainly go stand near the waters edge to keep cool. Makes for awesome pictures though.

They do tend to disrupt traffic flow as well. There's only one way off of this island and if they decide to stand in the middle of the road you're stick there until a park ranger moves them on their way.

We've become familiar with them enough and see them so often that we don't give the encounters much thought anymore. We mainly try to get a decent pic and head about our business.

Interesting article and I learned a lot from it. I had wondered about over population and their health so the article answered that.

Your experiences with the horses sounds entertaining.

Just throwing some pics or there as I see these horses. The pic in the above post was a few minutes ago looking out the back of our RV. This one is looking out towards my neighbors site between our RVs.....

IMG_5525.jpeg

Quick update….. My daughter reached her goal of making the 2024 Olympic Trials. She’ll be throwing next Monday at 8pm eastern. Streaming on Peacock. I’m unable to go but my wife is flying out to Eugene, OR tomorrow. All positions on the 2024 USA Olympic Track & Field Team will be set over these next two weeks.

Quick update….. My daughter reached her goal of making the 2024 Olympic Trials. She’ll be throwing next Monday at 8pm eastern. Streaming on Peacock. I’m unable to go but my wife is flying out to Eugene, OR tomorrow. All positions on the 2024 USA Olympic Track & Field Team will be set over these next two weeks.

What an incredible young lady!! To distinguish herself in athletics and personal achievement as an electrical engineer. Apparently came from good stock then had the drive and ambition to succeed at every level she set out to conquer.

You and Mrs. Kimmel can be very proud of your fine daughter. Her story makes this corner of R-F look good. I think everyone here will be thinking of her and cheering her on come Monday.

What an incredible young lady!! To distinguish herself in athletics and personal achievement as an electrical engineer. Apparently came from good stock then had the drive and ambition to succeed at every level she set out to conquer.

You and Mrs. Kimmel can be very proud of your fine daughter. Her story makes this corner of R-F look good. I think everyone here will be thinking of her and cheering her on come Monday.
We’re obviously very proud. She grabbed the last spot to get into the field. No place to go but up from there. I’m sure she simply hopes to throw her best against that field if throwers. I believe her current PR is 58.02 meters. She’ll consider it a success should she be able to beat own mark.

Back
Top Bottom