I need a hotel for Martinsville.

Canadian GP

Old as dirt!
I'm taking my 2 sons to their first Nascar race in October to Martinsville and I am hoping to find a hotel/motel closer to the track than Roanoke or Greensboro, if anyone has decided to not go this year and has a room booked or knows of a vacancy please e-mail me.

[email protected]

Thanks for looking.

Best Lodge
(276) 647-3941 1985 Virginia Ave
Martinsville, VA

Best Western
(276) 632-5611 1755 Virginia Ave
Martinsville, VA

Hampton Inn-Martinsville
(276) 647-4700 50 Hampton Dr
Martinsville, VA

Holiday Inn Express-Martinsvle
(276) 666-6835 1895 Virginia Ave
Martinsville, VA

Jameson Inn
(276) 638-0478 378 Commonwealth Blvd W
Martinsville, VA

Martinsville Hotel
(276) 638-7210 20 Fayette St
Martinsville, VA

Super 8
(276) 666-8888 1044 Memorial Blvd N
Martinsville, VA

There's really not much choice in M'ville

I'm taking my 2 sons to their first Nascar race in October to Martinsville and I am hoping to find a hotel/motel closer to the track than Roanoke or Greensboro, if anyone has decided to not go this year and has a room booked or knows of a vacancy please e-mail me.

[email protected]

Thanks for looking.

I always enjoyed staying in Greensboro. Took us about 45 minutes to get up there.

Yeah, Greensboro isn't all that far away and the rates would probably be cheaper. We live in Winston Salem and it takes just less than a hour to get there. If you leave pretty early in the morning, the traffic won't be all that bad either. Just don't leave after 10 am and think it's going to be a nice Sunday ride. :)

Yeah, Greensboro isn't all that far away and the rates would probably be cheaper. We live in Winston Salem and it takes just less than a hour to get there. If you leave pretty early in the morning, the traffic won't be all that bad either. Just don't leave after 10 am and think it's going to be a nice Sunday ride. :)

We were always at the cracker barrel at 6am and ate breakfast and headed on up to Martinsville then took a nap in the car before going over to the track. That way we weren't in traffic.

Since it's a 10+ hour drive to Martinsville I would prefer to not drive past it to get to the hotel Friday night. Thanks for the help though. ;)

TRL, every room in the town is booked, I tried most of those you posted.

I recommend just getting one that is about 50+mins or so away. I know it's not the easiest thing to get up earlier in the morning and do a 50+ mile drive but its sooo much cheaper that way and it's what I do wherever I go.

Every time I've gone to Martinsville, I drove a van and just slept in the van right on the grounds. There is no charge for it and taking a comfortable van makes it a lot nicer trip too. I spend a little more in gas, but not nearly what I would pay for a hotel or motel even remotely close to the track.

Can't help with Martinsville but I second leaving at 0 dark 30 and nap in the car after you park at the track. Works every year for Dover, we live about 2.5 hours away (on a non race weekend anyway):D

As many have said, your best bet is to try to find a hotel that is an hour or so away and drive in that morning. My wife and I will also be at the race in October. We were at the one this past spring and the one in spring of last year. Martinsville is a three hour trip for us so what we normally do is stay half way between here and Martinsville. The first time we went we spent the night before and after in Hillsville Va. This past spring we drove to the race the entire way that morning and stayed in Hillsville after the race. This October we are staying in Galax Va. which is ten minutes outside of Hillsville. It takes us about an 1 1/2 to drive to the race from where we stay. But it makes a BIG difference. This past spring we left our house at around 5 or 6am and by the time we got down there traffic was a nightmare! The first time we went we stayed in Hillsville and left there around 6am and drove straight in!

Got a room in Stuart VA, only about 30 minutes from the track. Thanks to all that replied. ;)

Where did you get a room at in Stuart? That is on my way to the track and would be a heck of a lot closer.

Back
Top Bottom