I noticed it has rained a lot this year..

Bucky Badger

Go Kyle Go
I just hope it rains at a road course this year. I'd love to see what happens with the rain tires. I don't think there has been a race on them yet. Do they still have them?

Not sure.I know Mark Martin tested the rain tires at the Glen a few years back for goodyear.I doubt if NASCAR will ever allow them in competition,though.

I remember a few years ago during the race weekend at the Glen they ran on the rain tires and wipers, during a schedualed practice. If it would have rained during the race they were goign to use them! I am not sure if they still would or not? But I think it would be kinda diffrent!
I know in one of the Japan races they ran rain tires in quals I think, I forget if it rained suring the race? I think it did?

I would love to see those cars running in the rain; what an equalizer to show driver talent.

Also I think since the winter so quiet they should start a northern snow series! Studded tires! Imagine Park, Skinner and Bodine running in the snow :p

they wont race them tires It will cause nascar to lose money

It would be VERY cool to see them race in rain, but If it will hurt the performance, and might risk injury to any one of the drivers, then NO, I hope they never do.

Back
Top Bottom