I sure wish

B

Brigeton

There was some short track racing on tv over the winter. Chili bowl, Snowball Derby, Sprints from Australia, something.
I live in the sticks and don't have good enough internet to stream. It seems with some of the crummy programing on sports channels one of them could pick up a little racing.

MavTV has a lot of what you seek. Including 3 hours of Chili Bowl, with multiple re-air times.

You can also get that on Lucas Oil TV, which is online subscription. Some live events coming up in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for all the suggestions "But"
At the end of 2 years I'm paying more for Direct tv than Dish that I already pay too much for.
As I said I don't have good enough internet for streaming.
I like living in the sticks. No way would I move to city or burbs just for better tv.
I just wish some of the major sports networks would put a little racing on during the winter. It would have to better than swimming & diving or figure skating or curling or whatever.

Racing is on during the winter. The link I posted earlier is the television guide to racing related content.

If you can't get a faster internet connection and your opposed to DirecTV or Dish, I guess you're gonna have to suffer through it.

At the end of 2 years I'm paying more for Direct tv than Dish that I already pay too much for.
I like living in the sticks. No way would I move to city or burbs just for better tv.
I just wish some of the major sports networks would put a little racing on during the winter. It would have to better than swimming & diving or figure skating or curling or whatever.
Not sure where you live, I am in the boonies in northern ontario canada and I use a box connected to my internet for almost everything. My download speed is about 3

Racing is on during the winter. The link I posted earlier is the television guide to racing related content.

If you can't get a faster internet connection and your opposed to DirecTV or Dish, I guess you're gonna have to suffer through it.

Yep. What's the old saying about not getting everything you want. This definitely applies to TV viewing.

The good news is that Brian France is making every effort to make NASCAR look more like the local short track racing you want to see . They aren't going to call it 'local short track racing' , but it will be pretty much the same thing ( minus the dirt ).

^^^ This, did this in December to get MavTV. Plus $200.00 cash card, really good deal for sat tv.
I've switched between those two services a few times now to take advantage of deals. I'm currently a Dish Network subscriber. I'm paying way too much IMO but my Dish bill is far smaller that my Verizon bill and a helluva lot more entertaining.

I've switched between those two services a few times now to take advantage of deals. I'm currently a Dish Network subscriber. I'm paying way too much IMO but my Dish bill is far smaller that my Verizon bill and a helluva lot more entertaining.

I switched to take advantage of the 2 year deal and get all the channels I want for a lot less than Dish was. I talked to dish before the change and they would not negotiate at all. Plus, I wanted MavTV. If Dish comes with a good deal in 2 years I will go back, it is just a game. :D

I switched to take advantage of the 2 year deal and get all the channels I want for a lot less than Dish was. I talked to dish before the change and they would not negotiate at all. Plus, I wanted MavTV. If Dish comes with a good deal in 2 years I will go back, it is just a game. :D
Yep, that's how it works. Whichever of the two that you subscribe to will do little for customer retention. The other will offer you new customer rates once again. After a couple years the process reverses. It's been like that since the two competing services were on the market.

Many, many years ago I used to have a 10' wire mesh BUD(Big Ugly Dish). That thing was awesome. When I moved, I left it behind. I then started with a new service called PrimeStar, later becoming DirecTV. When Dish came out I moved to them. Then, back to DirecTV and now back to Dish. I'm pretty happy with my service other than the price. My next move will be to streaming only.

Yep, that's how it works. Whichever of the two that you subscribe to will do little for customer retention. The other will offer you new customer rates once again. After a couple years the process reverses. It's been like that since the two competing services were on the market.

Many, many years ago I used to have a 10' wire mesh BUD(Big Ugly Dish). That thing was awesome. When I moved, I left it behind. I then started with a new service called PrimeStar, later becoming DirecTV. When Dish came out I moved to them. Then, back to DirecTV and now back to Dish. I'm pretty happy with my service other than the price. My next move will be to streaming only.

I have had had great luck recently bluffing and negotiating with DirecTv as I have had to speak with 3-4 people but it was worth it.

Back
Top Bottom