I wish

LARRY

Stages! Stages! We don't need no stinking stages!!
sonoma would do something about that turn 4a or 5, however you want to count them, before someone
goes to wide, with other cars getting them out there, and crashes into that wall.

Either straighten it out or put up a wall so they can't get into that cup.

sonoma would do something about that turn 4a or 5, however you want to count them, before someone
goes to wide, with other cars getting them out there, and crashes into that wall.

Either straighten it out or put up a wall so they can't get into that cup.
Hopefully , the camera angle makes it look a lot worse than it is . They go into a lot of tight corners faster than they are going there. It sure looks :booya:dangerous though.

Hopefully , the camera angle makes it look a lot worse than it is . They go into a lot of tight corners faster than they are going there. It sure looks :booya:dangerous though.
Jeff Gordon said this is the case, that it looks a lot worse than it really is. I'll accept his opinion on the matter.

It is not nearly as bad as it looks from the camera angle they use 90% of the time. Makes it look like the end of that rumble strip is 5 feet from that wall when it is actually 20 or 30 feet.
Overhead view from google earth shows it very well, I just couldn't figure out how to get the picture on here.

It is not nearly as bad as it looks from the camera angle they use 90% of the time. Makes it look like the end of that rumble strip is 5 feet from that wall when it is actually 20 or 30 feet.
Overhead view from google earth shows it very well, I just couldn't figure out how to get the picture on here.

I just ran it up on G.E. and it is much kinder and softer angle than it looks like on nascar coverage. (?)
Can Professur's implication be right :AHHHH:

It may still be true today but way back when the pitchers mound looked like it was very close to the batters box when shown on TV. The way the turn looks on TV is incidental, IMO, and there is nothing nefarious going on.

Wait ... Nascar used camera angles to make a corner look more dangerous and create drama? Say it ain't so.
It ain't so. Nascar doesn't even produce the broadcast.

Back
Top Bottom