Ideas on mobile BBQ cookers/smokers?

Racer1930

Team Owner
I was wondering about advice. Looking forward to the fall (autumn) and I'm planning on doing some fairly size-able BBQ's with my son at various (tailgating) sporting events.

Neither of us have major towing pickup trucks - but my vehicle can tow some.

Question: Would I be better off with a light/standard flat metal screen trailer or to go with a specifically made BBQ/Smoker on wheels? I really don't have that much regular hauling to do.

I could put a couple decent sized Charcoal grills on a small trailer and put the coolers and supplies on there and batten them all down with bungee cords or I could just get a small to medium tow behind smoker/grill with a storage box.

I have done a bit of research and the towing weight thingy is not an issue and actually price is very close. Which would you do?

Personally I think a one purpose trailer is a waste of money. I would get a 6' or 8' trailer and haul what I need. A couple of these engine grills would be super cool. :D

images
images
motorhead-grill-fab-grills

My first question is what do you plan on cooking? Burgers and dogs or ribs/ smoking a brisket / pork butt for pulled pork?
One is quick, easy and fast while the others are time consuming. In all honesty I don't know if you'd have enough time to do ribs or any smoking, start to finish, and eat before any sporting event.
If you go with a trailer the minimum size to go highway speed is 14 inch, that's my opinion, YMMV

Back
Top Bottom