If you R an 8N Ford fan, here ya go.

Absolutely LOVE IT! I am a huge N-Series guy and I LOVE the Funk conversions. I've always dreamed of having an authentic one, although the replicas are nice. Other than lawn mowers, N Series Fords were the first vehicles I ever drove, and the beginning of me learning how to do farm work and how to operate machinery. If I had a dollar for every hour I spent on one bush hogging fields.......... This is circa 1991 when I was clearing the ground where our house sits.
Scan_Pic0052.jpg

AH yes, we had an 8n when I was growing up. I have also spent many hours bush hogging pastures, plowing, disking, raking and baling hay, and clearing snow. I loved the way you could get to the end of the field and raise the mower real fast so that the front of the tractor would come off of the ground about a foot and step on the left brake at the same time and spin it around to start your next cut without turning the steering wheel or having to stop and back up... or steering it by using your feet to push on the steering joints. That was a good versatile little tractor.

AH yes, we had an 8n when I was growing up. I have also spent many hours bush hogging pastures, plowing, disking, raking and baling hay, and clearing snow. I loved the way you could get to the end of the field and raise the mower real fast so that the front of the tractor would come off of the ground about a foot and step on the left brake at the same time and spin it around to start your next cut without turning the steering wheel or having to stop and back up... or steering it by using your feet to push on the steering joints. That was a good versatile little tractor.

Still is to a lot of folks. :D

They basically did for small farmers what the Model T did for the general public. It was a versatile, reliable, affordable, capable machine. They put a LOT of horses out to pasture. They still have their place, but we didn't realize until MUCH later how limited they really are. I have a friend that has an 800 Series Ford built in 1957 , and it makes the N-Series look like a child's toy. My little Kubota can do things the N-Series could only dream of.

Brings back a lot of memories of my days growing up in a small farming community. Thanks for sharing. Went to website and will spend a lot of time looking over the classic tractors of the day.

Back
Top Bottom