If you think today's coverage is bad

aroundgoes

Team Owner
don't forget that at one time TNT interrupted green flag racing for almost 2 minutes so we could watch Larry Mac do a magic trick

You posted this on Reddit too huh :D

2005-2009 was probably the worst era for television coverage.

Fox became something of a caricature, NBC lost rights and quit caring, Benny Parsons died, TNT imported Bill Weber, and ESPN's coverage was just bad.

Not to mention, the on track racing was pretty stale at that time too. Except for 2009.

Fox became something of a caricature, NBC lost rights and quit caring, Benny Parsons died, TNT imported Bill Weber, and ESPN's coverage was just bad.

Not to mention, the on track racing was pretty stale at that time too. Except for 2009.

Yeah, i realIy miss the decade before the first big TV deal.

I quite enjoyed the Bestwick, Jarrett, Petree combination, I actually think it was kinda underrated compared to DW & NBC having 5 people in the booth at once at some races.

But man, Jerry Punch wasn't a very good play-by-play IMO, Rusty Wallace was not a good color commentator and only served decent in the studio (Dale Jarrett was much more informed than Rusty in the booth), and Marty Reid just isn't a top level series commentator. Took ESPN until 2011 to get it fixed.

Back
Top Bottom