If,,

S

SST55

Na$car can mandate shocks,springs and gear ratio's at certain tracks why can't they mandate the size of the fuel cell and get rid of fuel mileage races?

they did mandate the size of a fuel cell, I'm confused

Yes, 18 gallons currently down from the 22 gallon used previously and up from the 12 used at Daytona and "Dega a few years back.

Yes, 18 gallons currently down from the 22 gallon used previously and up from the 12 used at Daytona and "Dega a few years back.

I was just about to ask about that. I say go back to the 22 gallon.
Back then it seemed like only a few races a year had mileage playing into them. Namely Michigan.

I don't think it really matters what size the fuel tank is, there will always be a chance that fuel comes into question. The only real way to prevent that is to have a "fuel" caution with 20 or so laps left and that won't happen. Fuel mileage is all part of the strategy. I don't like it either, but how can you prevent it?

They had fuel mileage races with the 22 gallon cell. Watch some of the old Michigan races.

It appears that after every race recently there's someone that wants to change the rules or change the car or the length of the race or something. I just don't understand why fans can't accept the rules as they are. The drivers do.

I was just about to ask about that. I say go back to the 22 gallon.
Back then it seemed like only a few races a year had mileage playing into them. Namely Michigan.

I have read that the problem with the a bigger fuel cell is the new car wears out tires quicker than the old car so guys would be staying out longer and blowing up the tires more often. Or something like that.

I have read that the problem with the a bigger fuel cell is the new car wears out tires quicker than the old car so guys would be staying out longer and blowing up the tires more often. Or something like that.

right. It was going to put Goodyear under the bus. So they used a smaller cell.

Now that we are on to fixing the fuel cells, does that mean that we're done fixing Talladega and Cup drivers in the Nationwide Series? I just want to make sure that I'm up to date on what we're supposed to be fixing today. :sarcasm:

Now that we are on to fixing the fuel cells, does that mean that we're done fixing Talladega and Cup drivers in the Nationwide Series? I just want to make sure that I'm up to date on what we're supposed to be fixing today. :sarcasm:

Yup...another race another fix...oh brother. Get over it already

Personally, I like fuel milage races. It keeps me on the edge of my seat. But even if you don't, it's nearly impossible to take fuel milage out of the event. NASCAR does mandate fuel cell size, and all the cars get pretty close fuel milage. Or at least close enough that things like car setup and how the driver races effect it more than stuff done at the engine shop.

It all depends on how the caution flag flies. In this case, there weren't many cautions late in the race. Actually, I don't think there were any inside of 100 laps. That's what turned this into a fuel milage race. If there had been a caution, we wouldn't be talking about this right now.

Look at it this way: if fuel milage hadn't come into play Kyle could have acted like a Northwest pilot, put on cruise control and got out his laptop until NASCAR radioed to him that the race was over. That win certainly would have been earned, but doesn't exactly make for an exciting finish. Plus he'd get shot down by an F-16 because they would have thought terrorists had hijacked his car.

;)

I'm still on the Cup in Nationwide...tbh everything else let it stay the same idc. I just rather see a Nationwide driver win the Nationwide races and the Nationwide Championship. I mean to me its like an MLB team going to play in the Minors and win. When you only have five Nationwide winners in the Nationwide Series its stupid. Then when the Cup drivers wanna cry about how the Nationwide drivers are racing them makes me sick. If they race with them then IMO they need to shut up or not race there. Like I said in the other thread. Its why I love how Brad drives his butt off to win because he's a Nationwide Driver(now he's cup...) trying to win a dang Nationwide Race. If Steve Wallace knocks a Cup guy around then good he's trying to win in his series....I don't wanna see Kyle or Carl or Denny or any of them guys crying about it. Limit them to 8 races...That way we might can see a Nationwide Driver win more races and I know we'll see one win a championship.

That way we might can see a Nationwide Driver win more races and I know we'll see one win a championship.
man my memory really is bad. who was the last nationwide regular that wasn't running cup also as a regular to win the championship?

The size of the fuel cell is only one factor. Individual driving styles, gear ratios, and chassis setups are a few of the things that can have an effect on a team's milage.

Back
Top Bottom