I'm building a F1 car in CAD

N

NateDogg

We have to do a project for my CAD class, so what better to do it on than an F1 car. First of all I am using Unigraphics NX, and I hope to get all the body right and mabey put some mechanical parts in but thats eaiser said than done. :)

ok... the green lines are what i basically used to construct it. The yellow is sheet bodies that define where the car can be generally, and the orange layer 1 is basically solids where the car must be. The tires can move around but out of view is a triangle where bodywork must be. This is located inside the airbox area which is all yellow so you cant see it. For now the tires are only there for reference :)

I will continue to post as I mold it into something that looks like an F1 car, I hope :D

Sweet Nate...good luck with that, and keep us updated.

Are you creating your own F1 car? Or trying to recreate an existing one?

I am not sure yet, I will try to use models and the parameters from existing cars, but I would like to just try making my own. Not sure how fast I will get this done, lots of figures involved, but I will keep you updated :)

bottom of the car... the skid block ends at the rear wheel center line, and 330mm behind the front. i have the basic shape of the front of the underbody laid out, but please tell me ways to improve if you see any. Also i have the back of it to worry about...right now its goin through where the rear tires will probably be. I was very suprised to see just how many transitions there are to worry about when you get to them :) I have the diffuser also to worry about in the near future. I dont know wether the yellow underbody extends too far forward, it is behind the 800mm behind the front wheel center line as i think it is regulated to be, but not for sure:)

I have done the same thing. sorta. I am in architectural drafting this year but took mechanical last year and i started drawing an f1 car as well. once again sorta. I have a scale r/c of one and so i was taking it apart and doing muliview drawings of everything that makes up the car. It may be on a smaller scale and be an older model but it is generally the same nonetheless. The only problem is that i havent started the 3d rendering yet and i use a different version of CAD i think as well. But i hope to somehow get a screenshot or two up on here in the next week or so to show u what i mean. good luck on your project, sounds like a bunch of fun!

Thanks Bebi, This is an older versoin of cad and my skills are liminted so it probally wont be anything near a real car as you can tell already :) Its starting to take shape anyway

startin to look allright from the top, hehe, at least I hope you guys can reconize it as an F1 car :)

Yea it is nice to be back but i wont be as frequent as before but something is something. Actually i think your CAD is more advandced than mine because i have no idea how to render objects like that but i can draw blue print multi views and draw isometicric views. I switch between AutoCAD 97lite at school and 2002 at home. I am working on getting those screen shots so hold on for another week or so and remember they are of a real model just 1/10 the size of an actual car. But it still looks really great and if you want the file i might be able to send it to you. I'll be around so i'll talk to everyone later!

Ok my picture is a lot smaller but its because it the only way to get it onto the forum without like crashing it.

thats awsome :) it certainly has aero to it.

stick around during the off season, I will try to post somthing usefull for once, hehe.

haha Nate very funny! Actually i haven't really had time to draw the wings yet and they will take a while but i guess i'll start. Today i got the front and rear tires drawn and i think they look pretty good. I think the pictures i got to put up are slicks, i will get the grooved tires up friday.

Back
Top Bottom