I'm not liking the sound of this

Spotter22

Team Owner
Myrtle Beach Speedway
The following statement has been released to answer the rumors:
As everyone knows, Myrtle Beach real estate market is hotter than it has ever been and the Speedway is sitting in the center of the most sought after real estate in the area.
We have been approached by some developers and have engaged in conversations about possible options, but at this point it is just conversation.
The property would need to go through a rezoning process that is timely and expensive.
In the meantime we will continue to operate the speedway as normal, with NASCAR Racing, MB Nationals (formally NOPI), Drifting, Concerts, Horry County Fair, Monster Trucks and various other events.

Well so much for the trucks ever going back there.

It happened to a great track in Bakersfield where the Winter Heat Truck series first ran. Developers built around it and the buyers of the homes got together and complained about the noise and bingo bango, the track was destroyed and more peoples were planted in it's place.

It happened to a great track in Bakersfield where the Winter Heat Truck series first ran. Developers built around it and the buyers of the homes got together and complained about the noise and bingo bango, the track was destroyed and more peoples were planted in it's place.

That sucks.
Don't move near a race track, or an airport if you can't take the heat.
Don't move to New York City, or L.A. if you don't like traffic etc...

Would hate to see it close. Glad I made it there a couple of years ago for a Whelen Modified Tour race.
Its a great track in an awesome city, makes for a really fun trip. Wanted to make it back again if they ever got another Modified Tour race or other big series..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.my...orts/nascar-auto-racing/article240410906.html

I left for two weeks to work in Daytona and saw three new housing developments and two brand-new buildings start to go up. Anyone who has attended races there knows that most weeks there are more people in the pits than the stands. More people come to soccer events on the grass outside the track on Sundays. We're screwed unless the idea is to build a multi-use sports center. Seemed to work out for the Formosa's... ... ...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.my...orts/nascar-auto-racing/article240410906.html

I left for two weeks to work in Daytona and saw three new housing developments and two brand-new buildings start to go up. Anyone who has attended races there knows that most weeks there are more people in the pits than the stands. More people come to soccer events on the grass outside the track on Sundays. We're screwed unless the idea is to build a multi-use sports center. Seemed to work out for the Formosa's... ... ...

2.17 million in property taxes alone may be a deal breaker.
It is predictable and I am sure it is part of the planned budget probably nothing new, but still an incredible drain.

Note: The tax comment is not meant to be a political or poduim post.I am just speaking in terms of operating cost.

Back
Top Bottom