IMSA 2018

Looking forward to Bennett getting out of the #54 so Braun and Dumas can haul ass the rest of the way.

Sorry I am late , had to help a neighbor install a mailbox. I have fast forward
through the race and am caught up. What a freaking pass though! That took a huge
set while coming up to the bus stop . Goodness!

Phenomenal race. GAINSCO Red Dragon is back in victory lane and a 1-2 finish for global LMP2s with another in 4th.

Meyer-Shank have to do everything they can to keep that #86 out there the whole season. Kat can win this championship.

DhL3Yy1XkAE1GMQ.jpg

13 prototypes is pretty good considering this is not am endurance race. We lost some of the European teams, who were part time entries anyway, but maybe with the BOP slightly in their favor we can entice some of then to come back.

If any of you missed the Watkins Glen round, that was the best sportscar race since the GTP days, and as fiercely contested as any Grand American race, which is the benchmark. Sportscar racing has not been all that great since the merger, but it's really finding it's feet now and my guess is it's ready to turn the corner on the way to greatness.

Pretty good mix up front in P. CORE on pole again, Banana Boat 3rd, with Acura/Cadillac/Mazda each with a car in the Top 5.

Love this track. One of the best road courses in North America. Showcases the speed of the cars perfectly and the fans show up for anything.

Just finished this one on the DVR. Great stuff. The Flex-Box victory was only a matter of time. I hope more people will give this series a look.

Wright Motorsports have struggled much more in GTD than I expected, coming over from PWC. Especially with Pat Long and Christina Nielsen in the full-time car.

Great to see CORE finally break through. Back-to-back for privateers in ORECA 07s, very cool. That GTD championship battle between Kat and Sellers/Snow is gonna go right down to the finale at Petit Le Mans.

Pretty nice to hear Colin Braun is getting some attention again. Tommy Kendall said with a lap or two to go that Paul Tracy called him last night and said there's some noise in the IndyCar paddock about trying to get him a test.

Company gets bought/absorbed and ceases motorsports sponsorship. A true classic.

This is also the last year of the two-year exclusive NISMO deal, so hopefully Nissan can step up and provide some more support moving forward. They weren't terribly involved to begin with, it was more of an ESM/Ligier effort to develop and pay for the car with Nissan supplying engines. At least they have a good amount of notice to look elsewhere for funding. Hopefully they keep both cars on track next year.

Pretty good race at Lime Rock. Don't think I've seen tire wear that substantial at an IMSA event before - very interesting. The mid-engined cars seemed to manage tires much better in both classes - Corvette probably quickest in GTLM in the short before fading to Ford, and Lexus could not go anywhere near as long as the Lambos, Acuras, Ferraris, etc. in GTD.

Back
Top Bottom