IMSA 2022

Yo dawg, I heard you like WeatherTech…cool to see Cindric back in pro GT racing, will be a formidable team with Dirk Mueller in there too.

Stef Wilson is making his debut 10 years after Justin’s overall victory.

Porsche shakes down 2023 LMDh prototype | RACER

thumbnail_Porsche-LMDh.jpg

Let's get this thing started already.

Looks like it's going to be coooooooold. 1994 was the first year for the open top WSC class and everyone about froze to death. It was about 30 degrees with high winds all race. Even on a good night the sea breeze would come in and whip around the bowl, chilling the hell out of everything. Those of you who have been there know what I am talking about. This year looks to be as bad, but at least the cars are closed.

As far as picking a winner, I never do that because I'm always wrong. However, I would not bet against Shank. That whole team is due for some luck and would have probably won a couple last year except for some horrid strategy.

Also, I think Helio has a few good races left in him. During 2020 and 2021 he won three or four Imsa races on the trot, the Championship, the Rolex and his fourth Indy 500. This was all in about a 12-month span, and I think it rivals the famous year Foyt and Gurney had in 67. It would be great to see Helio and Shank pull off another big surprise.

I tried to get peacock on my firestick, but it wants money. It's on USAHD later and finishes up on NBC.

So far the leaders have hit each other twice and it's only the first hour. Imagine how nuts the last hour is going to be.

I tried to get peacock on my firestick, but it wants money. It's on USAHD later and finishes up on NBC.

So far the leaders have hit each other twice and it's only the first hour. Imagine how nuts the last hour is going to be.
I found $4.99 to be acceptable.

Liger has been tapped to build and produce GTP and LMH chassis.

This is huge, another big player of the chassis building world is now in the field. Question is, who will be the lucky customers?

Liger has been tapped to build and produce GTP and LMH chassis.

This is huge, another big player of the chassis building world is now in the field. Question is, who will be the lucky customers?

I have a hard time seeing Bentley (if that’s a thing) or Lambo not running another Multimatic. I had heard last year McLaren were interested in ORECA, so maybe that’s changed. That or it could be someone else entirely unsuspected, which would be interesting. I’m glad someone finally stepped up with Ligier though, since they were the only one of the four still without a partner. I think they might be helping with some of the Peugeot chassis build on the LMH side too.

Rebrand it as Nissan or Infiniti, c'mon you can do it:

IMSA has not been considered a part of the "financial equation". However, I doubt Andrett will struggle to find a sponsor or something for the team. Just have to see what happens over the year, then you have to consider competitiveness and gathering possible customer purchases to make the program feasible.

26 entered for Long Beach later today - 6 DPi / 6 GTD Pro / 14 GTD

Ganassi swept the front row, Cadillac have won all four races of the DPi era here - another very favorable track for their car.

Back
Top Bottom