IMSA 2023

RWR will run a full LMP2 season including Pietro Fittipaldi, Devlin DeFrancesco for the Endurance Cup, and Austin Cindric for the Rolex.

RWR will run a full LMP2 season including Pietro Fittipaldi, Devlin DeFrancesco for the Endurance Cup, and Austin Cindric for the Rolex.

Pietro looks like he's going full on committed in sportscars. He will racing for Jota in WEC this year, good to see him back in it after that accident at Spa a few years ago.

Roger isn't fooling anyone, he's trying to get each of his drivers a good shot to get that Rolex, a bonus, and maybe Porsche throws in an all-star entry next year...

Just sayin:

Roger isn't fooling anyone, he's trying to get each of his drivers a good shot to get that Rolex, a bonus, and maybe Porsche throws in an all-star entry next year...

Just sayin:

I dig the idea of Will going back to Australia to run the Bathurst 1000 and/or 12 Hour.

Way overdue, he and Newgarden tried to run with Corvette in the past before but supposedly got balked by the Mobil 1/Pennzoil conflicts.

One thing I appreciate here is you guys stay on top of things. It saves me from having to dig for news. I would have never come across that picture of the Jota 963 if it wasn't posted here.

The new Caddy schemes look pretty rad. I really love the gold.

Ben Keating has done the same thing in P2 and GT cars. Some guys can't get enough.
Yeah Cooper MacNeil has done it a few times before too, just haven’t seen it done by a factory before I don’t think. Amateurs make sense because they can throw their money around between two different places if they feel like. BMW are showing a lot of faith in the Great American Hope, should be fun to watch.

With Conway no longer able to compete for Cadillac he’ll use his Toyota ties to join Lexus Vasser Sullivan in GTD Pro for Daytona.

Not the prettiest race car, thought they would move up to the LC 500 by now.

IMSA Lexus hdr paddock.JPG

Not the prettiest race car, thought they would move up to the LC 500 by now.

View attachment 67597
It’s pretty long in the tooth for sure, has come a long way in development since it first debuted. There’s work going on on a new Lexus/Toyota GT3 car but other than some road car patents discovered in Europe last year it’s been pretty well kept under wraps since they showed the concept last year.

Turner have sorted their plans, the 96 will run GTD the whole season while the 95 runs GTD for the Sprint Cup and GTD Pro for the Endurance Cup. Fun surprise there:

That is indeed ambitious for Turner.
Awesome to keep a BMW in for the enduros though. You don’t have to keep Hull in the car for as much drive time in Pro and Auberlen + Edwards + Spengler are a stout bunch of pros. I’d think the factory stepped up a bit to help them do this.

Back
Top Bottom