In Memory

T

TN-Ward-Fan

September 18 is the anniversary of the passing of one of the all-time greats. Too bad he had to go the way he went. RIP Jimi Hendrix.

woodstock.jpg

I love the look on the percussionist's face. Woodstock was a pretty big crowd, bet you he was overwhelmed.

Originally posted by TexasRaceLady
I didn't appreciate Jimi's genius at the time.  That man could sure play.
It is a shame like many other talented artist that he could not put the same effort in staying clean as he did with a guitar.Truly missed just the same though.:(

It's the drugs that make these people who they are.

They truly great in anything artistic were always either addicted in some way or metally ill.

True they seem to go hand in hand a lot Paul,But most are introduced to the party when they get famous.The likes of Ted Nugent comes to mind although he may have been mentally challenged at times he was booze,and drug free.Clapton also got much better when he cleaned up.John Mellancamp is another that comes to mind,Hell he wouldn't even drink a beer in his teen years.Rumors had it he did coke,but that was a load of bull.I know from playing the guitar that the one who thought I was great was mostly me when I was high.You get to a certain point of relaxation,but then go to the extreem of sounding like crap.:)

Originally posted by paul
It's the drugs that make these people who they are.

They truly great in anything artistic were always either addicted in some way or metally ill.

Paul,I need to disagree to a point. SRV was clean and sober when he died, and he was THE BEST EVER!

I think that the talent, GIFT, whatever may be corrupted by the fame if one is not strong enough to fall into that trap.

PLAY ON JIMMY, we will always remember you:angel:

Besides the Nuge, another of my personal favorites is Gene Simmons, who believe it or not has never been drunk or high in his life except, in his words, "in a dental chair."

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
Besides the Nuge, another of my personal favorites is Gene Simmons, who believe it or not has never been drunk or high in his life except, in his words, "in a dental chair."

True, but he's just this side of crazy, doncha think?

The Kiss Coffin comes to mind... :rolleyes:

When I mean the greats people like Ted Nugent and Mellencamp don't come to mind.

When I say the greats I mean SRV (who was much better when he was poor and his head was full of powder), Hendrix, Shakespeare, Picasso, Vonnegut, Poe, etc etc.

When I mean the greats people like Ted Nugent and Mellencamp don't come to mind.

When I say the greats I mean SRV (who was much better when he was poor and his head was full of powder), Hendrix, Shakespeare, Picasso, Vonnegut, Poe, etc etc.

But I consider Ted Nugent a great. It's all subjective. :)

And aboo, Gene ain't crazy. He's married to the Playmate of the Millenium...if that makes him crazy, gimme that Haldol. :D

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
But I consider Ted Nugent a great.  It's all subjective.  :)  

And aboo, Gene ain't crazy.  He's married to the Playmate of the Millenium...if that makes him crazy, gimme that Haldol.  :D

You're right. I guess he's really just a hardnosed salesman. :p

I like KISS alright. In my opinion, though, they do not occupy the same plane as Jimi Hendrix.

I agree. It's all subjective. :)

:lol2:
Tell the american farmer that Mellancamp isn't great,and you could get run over by a John Deer Tractor,Mellancamp is an excellant artist in the writing of music,and painting.Ted Nugent is a master in marksmanship,and has more moves on a guitar than a cat covering up crap in a sandbox.Maybe if these guys would have let drugs ruin there life you might consider them famous legends.:rolleyes:

Here it is a little after 9 AM, a smoke in the ashtray, a cup of coffee next to me , surfing racing-forums and listing to Stevie Ray on the CD. Is this a great country or what?

The tortured soul does tend to express itself in ways most of us don't understand. That it also looks for and finds outsides means to relieve it's pain is no surprise.

Back
Top Bottom