Inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis

Graham just called it. "This isn't NASCAR". These cars are much lower, with large rear wings blocking vision.
Andy you're wrong, this'll be great if they can get going again.

Sounded like JPM just took the blame, not that it matters now.

Cheever, Darryl, which is worse? Oh yeah, there's a chance I'll hear "boogity" tonight if I don't hit mute in time.

Looks like they've figured out how to perform the "local yellow".

Is this the only track where drivers go one direction on pit road one day, and the opposite direction the next? That has to be weird!

Congratulations to Sam Schmidt's team.
The road course isn't quite 'this place'(Indy), but I know what he means.
Good race, just don't muck up the month of May with it. If the season is going to end in the fall, do it here.

Congratulations to Simon and SPM. Besides the standing start and restart failures it was a pretty good race.

Now on to the Indy 500!

good race.
looks like indy duals in may .......for future.
gotta pay for all those improvements.

Crazy race. Glad everyone's ok. I never did hear anything about Hinchecliff though.. Anybody know anything?

Crazy race. Glad everyone's ok. I never did hear anything about Hinchecliff though.. Anybody know anything?
Went to hospital, had MRI on head and neck, diagnosed with concussion, needs to be cleared by IndyCar docs before he can drive again.

Went to hospital, had MRI on head and neck, diagnosed with concussion, needs to be cleared by IndyCar docs before he can drive again.

It was really weird, as soon as I saw the debris and saw him pull to the side, not immediately pulling his hands off the wheel, I had a feeling he was hurt. sure enough, he caught a good piece of it. Thanks for the info, got one of them eerie feelings in your stomach and where your neck hair stands up as soon as I saw that happen. More of effect than the start crash. Strange. Thanks again.

It was really weird, as soon as I saw the debris and saw him pull to the side, not immediately pulling his hands off the wheel, I had a feeling he was hurt. sure enough, he caught a good piece of it. Thanks for the info, got one of them eerie feelings in your stomach and where your neck hair stands up as soon as I saw that happen. More of effect than the start crash. Strange. Thanks again.
Yeah, something was wrong. It was a scary moment.

This will bring back discussions about some kind of closed ****pit / fighter pilot canopy in F1 / IndyCar. I think it will eventually happen, after Felipe Massa and now Hinchcliffe's debris accidents, not to mention Wheldon and Franchitti's fence accidents. About half of the Top Fuel dragsters in NHRA have closed ****pits now.

Yeah, something was wrong. It was a scary moment.

This will bring back discussions about some kind of closed ****pit / fighter pilot canopy in F1 / IndyCar. I think it will eventually happen, after Felipe Massa and now Hinchcliffe's debris accidents, not to mention Wheldon and Franchitti's fence accidents. About half of the Top Fuel dragsters in NHRA have closed ****pits now.

Did you see that rookie almost kill that Frenchman today? I'm not a fan of closed ****pits, but yeah they're very necessary at this point.

More than one scary moment in that race, the one at the start was to close IMO

I saw the nose of a car swing right by another drivers face, just inches away, scared the crap outta me. I almost hate watching Indy car because it seems someone is always getting hurt.
Like DUN24 said, that Plowman-Montagny incident was really scary. Almost a clean decapitation.

Like DUN24 said, that Plowman-Montagny incident was really scary. Almost a clean decapitation.

You can tell by the immediate damage shown of that racecar something scary occurred.

Inycar drivers had a hard time adjusting from the unstructured starts to conventional starts and restarts. They seem to need more practice at standing starts. I prefer rolling starts; standing starts are exciting but as proven in F1 they also produce a lot of carnage by the first turn.

Finally got to watch this. The weird fuel strategy playing out at the end brought about some excitement.

Simon Pagenaud is one of like three or four guys that would be very dangerous in a Penske/Ganassi ride.

Simon Pagenaud is one of like three or four guys that would be very dangerous in a Penske/Ganassi ride.

Definitely.

Hawksworth is really impressive, obviously... Takuma Sato, Justin Wilson, Charlie Kimball, Hinchecliff, I think Servia could really impress as well. The list goes on IMO

We went Saturday. It was a pretty exciting race. We got Mario's and Arie Luyendyk's autographs. There wasn't as many fans there as I would have expected. But it was still pretty good. Now, we're gearing up for the 500.

Back
Top Bottom