indiana midget week

J

johnnythunderhead

tonight begins the usac Indiana midget week, by far the best week of racing anywhere on the planet with usac midgets 5 nights in row at 5 different tracks along with non-wing sprints each night as well, hopin the weather straitens up its act

no, tonite has already rained out at gas city/ I was planning on goin tomorrow nite to lps, but there is a 30% chance of rain and it about a 2 hr. drive, and to be honest with you, I do not trust the promoter, he had a full house for a usac sprint weeks show a couple years ago and there was a ten minute rain after hot laps and he not only cancelled the show rather than running in the track, but he refused to refund any money as well (the way I see it, he got away with it once and he'll damn sure do it again given the chance) I generally don't go to Bloomington (track's too small for my tastes) but I may reconsider, i'll definitely go to the burg (its a great track just 15-20 mins from my house) and i'll prolly go to kokomo, weather permitting. wish the weather were better and I wish I could hit em all, the midgets provide the best racing of all!

There isnt much of anything better than some good midget racing, I wish this stuff was on tv more often. If anyone hears of a race that will be telivised please let us know

I was planning on goin tomorrow nite to lps, but there is a 30% chance of rain and it about a 2 hr. drive, and to be honest with you, I do not trust the promoter,

This is my problem with dirt track racing in general. Its too big of a risk to drive any distance. I've been to enough big WoO and Lucas Oil Late Model Shows that had a rain shower for like 10 minutes and then they cancelled it but it did not rain at all for the rest of the night. Sometimes they even cancel them based on the forecast way ahead. I've wanted to go to a DLM event that was like 7 hours away, started the trip the day before, stopped for some food or something a couple hours later and see on my phone that it has been cancelled even though the forecast for the next day doesnt look that bad. And with big dirt races there is like zero chance of them just raining it out to Sunday, they just cancel it.... Big asphalt short track series like ARCA, K&N, Canadian Tire, always run the show the next day if there is a rain out... So, i'm scared to go far from home for a dirt show anymore. I don't trust them trying to get the show in.

I'm not doing either midget week or sprint week, but I may be heading out to hit a weekend of three different tracks the last week of July.

yeah they don't commit to anything anymore like they used to. I remember he old ohio sprint speed week days when we would all wait out a major rainstorm and then the promoter would get out there and run the track in when the rain finally quit and then we'd go racin' again, sometime the sun would be rising as the checkered flag fell. that my friends was commitment, made one confident in driving/ or flying across country to attend a race, or race series

yeah they don't commit to anything anymore like they used to. I remember he old ohio sprint speed week days when we would all wait out a major rainstorm and then the promoter would get out there and run the track in when the rain finally quit and then we'd go racin' again, sometime the sun would be rising as the checkered flag fell. that my friends was commitment, made one confident in driving/ or flying across country to attend a race, or race series

Thats one of the things i really like about ARCA. They are always committed to getting the show in. I was at the Elko, MN race last year, it was raining early in the day. No fans there. Was killing time talking to a series official and he mentioned that they always try to get the show in even if they are going to lose a lot on the show. And i'm sure they lost that night at Elko, there were no fans there but it was an excellent show. One of the best ARCA races i've been to. I've been to over 70 ARCA races and have experienced a lot of days with bad weather, but they always seem to get the show in. Wish all series would make a commitment like that for fans. It's never fun to drive a long distance and go home with less money in your pocket and no race memories.

its called credibility, that's why I'm not at putnamville tonite, because that promoter is not credible and they are calling for rain/ I suspect he'll drag things out so it rains before the feach and then he can keep the $$$ w/o out paying the feach purse with 'no refunds' of course. I've never been to any other track that didn't refund $ to out of towners when it rained out, what a scam!

its called credibility, that's why I'm not at putnamville tonite, because that promoter is not credible and they are calling for rain/ I suspect he'll drag things out so it rains before the feach and then he can keep the $$$ w/o out paying the feach purse with 'no refunds' of course. I've never been to any other track that didn't refund $ to out of towners when it rained out, what a scam!
They did run last, Darland was the winner for the midget feature. They even had a rain delay

heard darland won, didn't hear anything about a rain delay though. I guess if they'd'a run the track in after that short rain delay a couple of years ago, I'd of felt confident in goin last night still haven't seen anything indicating there was a rain delay last nite at l p s?

Last edited by a moderator:
wow what a great nite of racing at the burg last nite/ the track was great, the midgets were awesome and must have inspired the sprint car drivers who put on an insanely incredible show! congrats to rico and windom/ with mucho thanks and a big salute to a. bright and ballou for hard charging super efforts!

wow what a great nite of racing at the burg last nite/ the track was great, the midgets were awesome and must have inspired the sprint car drivers who put on an insanely incredible show! congrats to rico and windom/ with mucho thanks and a big salute to a. bright and ballou for hard charging super efforts!
I see where Rico actually got bood last night for the slide job he pulled on Bright for the win. Was the slide job really that bad?

oh yeah, it put bright into the wall and spun him around, he somehow kept it going and fortunately for him, another driver stopped on the front stretch to bring out the yellow. bright wasn't too upset about it though case he'd put a similar miscalculated slider on pickens earlier. but o yeah, Abreu got booed aplenty

oh yeah, it put bright into the wall and spun him around, he somehow kept it going and fortunately for him, another driver stopped on the front stretch to bring out the yellow. bright wasn't too upset about it though case he'd put a similar miscalculated slider on pickens earlier. but o yeah, Abreu got booed aplenty

That's what I had read. I did see a short video clip of all the boos.

Back
Top Bottom