Indy and restrictor plates???

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
I have better ideas for NASCAR and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and it doesn't involve the use of restrictor plates. I really hope this is just fake news.

Two tweets from the same twit that appear to be self-contradictory.

We all know the problem is that the track's design makes for unentertaining stock car racing. We all know using the infield road course is the fastest, cheapest, easiest solution that allows both NASCAR and Indy to maintain their dignity. Why is it so hard for the Powers That Be to acknowledge this?

Plates on unbanked 90-degree turns. Yeah, that'll make the Tire-gate race seem like one long uninterrupted green flag run. Why not just daisy-chain all the bumpers together?

AWESOME idea!

It`d be a pure hoot to listen to the various drivers and journalists the broadcast partners hire praise NASCAR for the latest enhancement for the event on the relic. They’d go positively orgasmic. Micheal Waltrip may even suffer personal injury.

Besides that, the place stinks for stock car racing. It can’t hurt anything to stick plates on 'em.

Last edited:
Didnt they try plates at pocono or new hampshire a long time ago & it an abysmal failure?

This is stupid. Whoever starts on the pole will lead every lap short of a mechanical failure. How is it that fans on a forum can know this but Nascar doesn't?

AWESOME idea!

It`d be a pure hoot to listen to the various drivers and journalists the broadcast partners hire praise NASCAR for the latest enhancement for the event on the relic. They’d go positively orgasmic. Micheal Waltrip may even suffer personal injury.

Besides that, the place stinks for stock car racing. It can’t hurt anything to stick plates on 'em.
It can't hurt to stick playing cards in the wheels either, but neither will make the racing worth watching. Unless you define wreckin' as racin'...

with plates, they will be able to pretty much flat foot around that track right?

I have better ideas for NASCAR and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and it doesn't involve the use of restrictor plates. I really hope this is just fake news.

It sounds like Brian is looking for a parade of cars like we see at Daytona and Talladega. There really isn't anything that can make the Brickyard worse including plates, IMO.

with plates, they will be able to pretty much flat foot around that track right?

The problem is there is no room to pass on the track so when you add a plate they will all be flat footing in in 2 lines.

Or if that place isn't up to standards look into an Xfinity/Truck double at Eldora. You really can't do any worse than running Xfinity on the IMS oval.

I have never seen a bad race at IMS no matter what type of car was being run.

Back
Top Bottom