Indy Verizon 200 Pre-Race thread

Only one race to go by in comparison, but on the oval one driver dominated the race in most of these above usually half the race or more they were leading laps. An Aero jamboree
sure there were some races there where a guy led more than half the laps. But I would probably guess that happens at other race tracks too right? I appreciated it at Indy because some HOF drivers and Champions really had that place dialed in some years, it was awesome watching them dominate and ply their craft at this race.

Realistically maybe they can get Xfinity back one day. Was great seeing those Trucks zoom into turn 1,

IRP Trucks was a 10.
I really enjoyed the Trucks race at IRP on Saturday night, in fact it might be my favorite sporting event of the weekend depending on how today goes and if the White Sox can win a game here later. I hope Xfinity goes back to IRP next year, I Think it'd be a fun Friday and Saturday night there.

I really enjoyed the Trucks race at IRP on Saturday night, in fact it might be my favorite sporting event of the weekend depending on how today goes and if the White Sox can win a game here later. I hope Xfinity goes back to IRP next year, I Think it'd be a fun Friday and Saturday night there.

I like the IndyCar RC / NASCAR Cup Oval only setup at the Brickyard personally, I think NASCAR as a whole would benefit from both NXS & Trucks over at IRP.

Maybe the Freedom 100 one day too.

I like the IndyCar RC / NASCAR Cup Oval only setup at the Brickyard personally, I think NASCAR as a whole would benefit from both NXS & Trucks over at IRP.
I would prefer Indy Car race on the Indianapolis oval only and race on another oval somewhere else but thats a convo for another day. I too agree with your NASCAR Cup Oval set up, I think the Xfinity race at IRP would be a banger.

I would prefer Indy Car race on the Indianapolis oval only and race on another oval somewhere else but thats a convo for another day. I too agree with your NASCAR Cup Oval set up, I think the Xfinity race at IRP would be a banger.

Not a fan of them running another Brickyard oval race, though a 250 mile sprint race during the Brickyard 400 could be workable? I would much prefer Pocono & Michigan or Homestead-Miami along with another flat or short track.

Not a fan of them running another Brickyard oval race. I would much prefer Pocono & Michigan or Homestead-Miami along with another flat track.
yes of course the way I worded that.....totally horrible ha ha I meant that I would prefer Indy car racing at Indianapolis for only the Indy 500 and leave it at that. Your other choices for an oval would be A-Ok by me for Indy Car

Saw a tweet that Ricky Rudd hasn't been to a track prior to today since 2007. That's so crazy to me

I do wood fired pizza catering as a side gig in the summer (May-October). I eat zero pizza outside that time of year. Zero. None. Maybe a slice if my winter work buys us some.

Also true.
This is really good stuff.

I don't care what people say. The brickyard 400 on the oval is a massive massive crown jewel event. It lost some of that when the race itself started getting rebranded with different sponsors. However, when it was simply the Brickyard 400, there is no bigger race on the circuit than the Daytona 500 and it was closer to being as prestigious as the 500 than it was to any race beneath it.

That's what my 11-year-old self came to believe when I attended that race in 2003 and it stuck with me since. I don't care how bad the racing is. I don't care how disastrous of a race the 2008 Brickyard was.. Not running the oval and not calling it the Brickyard 400 is an absolute disgrace to the biggest auto racing series in America.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Good to see Kurt.
Man, if only Kurt had this attitude throughout his entire career. I don't know if he would have won another championship, but he would have probably close to 20 extra cup wins to his name.

It's unreal how this guy has transitioned from a clown to basically the most likeable cool uncle in cup.

Chevy looking a lot like Toyota today. Fords are pretty strong. Fascinating how this new car shakes things up.
Sorry for the triple post here. I don't think the speed chart really matters on road courses right now The usual players will find their way to the front that will be a Chevy dominated race, if I were a betting man....

Luckily I don't have the money for that ;)

Oops sorry folks I found a video from NASCAR on NBC page that showed Kasey Kahne going out for a lap in the Honda 2 seater with Mario Andretti before yesterday’s Indy Car Race. I will try to find a Twitter vid instead.

Sorry for the triple post here. I don't think the speed chart really matters on road courses right now The usual players will find their way to the front that will be a Chevy dominated race, if I were a betting man....

Luckily I don't have the money for that ;)

Depends on how you look at the time sheets. I've got two Toyotas in the Final 10 in qualifying, and I am not sure that WE have had that at all on road courses. Improvement. Kyle is fairly happy with his car, and Bell is best on 10 lap. The speed chart matters to me A LOT because WE have been lost on road courses.

This is really good stuff.

I don't care what people say. The brickyard 400 on the oval is a massive massive crown jewel event. It lost some of that when the race itself started getting rebranded with different sponsors. However, when it was simply the Brickyard 400, there is no bigger race on the circuit than the Daytona 500 and it was closer to being as prestigious as the 500 than it was to any race beneath it.

That's what my 11-year-old self came to believe when I attended that race in 2003 and it stuck with me since. I don't care how bad the racing is. I don't care how disastrous of a race the 2008 Brickyard was.. Not running the oval and not calling it the Brickyard 400 is an absolute disgrace to the biggest auto racing series in America.

This. I am excited for a road course race today, but his is not The Brickyard 400.

Back
Top Bottom