IndyCar: 2018 Grand Prix of Portland

Discussion in 'Open Wheel Racing' started by gnomesayin, Aug 31, 2018.

1. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Attendance for yesterday's race has been estimated at 40,000, which is a big number these days for IndyCar, and big for a region (Pacific NW) that hasn't been taken seriously as a destination for major racing series for a long time. The crowd and positive energy at the track yesterday felt massive. The race itself? A cool spectacle, a bit odd because of how random IndyCar races can be with where the cautions fall and the odd strategy calls. I hope the attendees liked what they saw and this will become a Labor Day tradition and not a one-year wonder. I certainly enjoyed it, and will be back with more people next year.

https://racer.com/2018/09/03/miller-portland-questions-answered/

LewTheShoe likes this.
  2. MRM

MRM Team Owner

Pretty good racing Sunday. Glad to see the series back in Portland. Maybe they can add Cleveland and Michigan in the future.

3. Jimmy W1

Jimmy W1 Team Owner

I don't have cable/dish anymore so I have to go to the local eatery/ sports bar to watch it. Had fun watching it with you guys
    Thanks for the updates, gnomesayin.

I'll be heading down to St. Pete here in a few months. Isn't that something that I'm already looking forward to next year and this season isn't even over yet?

183 days........10 hours.......20 minutes.

St. Petersburg IndyCar keeps me posted.

Haha!!