IndyCar: 2021 Bommarito Automotive Group 500

I'm surprised they didn't ask Newgarden about shutting the door on Pagenaud early on.

The West Coast swing is going to be chaotic. The top five all have reasonable championship hopes still.

Just watched it. Pretty dull for the first half. Good action from halfway until Colton's shaft broke. Josef was on cruise control after that.

That was a lot of attrition. Hinch started two down and finished fifteenth.

Enough good and bad to balance everything out and make the race watchable, but wheel to wheel action (except the crashing) was pretty scarce. It was also tough after 10 hours of Lemans to switch gears and watch an oval race!

It was a negative for me that Palou has taken such a points hit the last two races. He seems like a really decent dude/ I wasn't pulling for him at the first race of the year, but he won me over with the grace he accepted losing the 500.

However, good for the points race that Pato caught up and Newgarden has a much more realistic chance. Still. it would be a mistake to write Dixon off. He's just got to score wins and hope the others hit trouble. I still think Palou is the fastest man on the grid, and he's close enough in points that he controls his own fate.

So, it was an ok race, but it really threw the championship wide open.

Back
Top Bottom