IndyCar: 2021 Genesys 300/XPEL 375

Wild ass open wheel restart. Race has my attention, Mclaughlin in striking distance

Was only able to catch the final 15 laps, so I guess I missed what good stuff there was. Cool to see McLaughlin up there. Didn't seem like there was any real potential for a late lead change there, but McLaughlin wasn't letting Dixon off easy.

Is that 19 straight as an organization or individual for Dixon? Either way, that's some impressive longevity/consistency.

Is that 19 straight as an organization or individual for Dixon? Either way, that's some impressive longevity/consistency.

I think they meant 19 seasons because they were shut out together in 2004. Including his 2001 season with PacWest and 2003 with Ganassi he's won in 19 total. That 2004 season was the only year CGR didn't have a win since 1995.

How are they determining the starting order for today?
Owner points again, after last night's race.

That's for Dixie himself. Has to be considered the greatest Indy car driver of our time.

Dixon is the goat. But they ruined this race track. And giving Dixon the pole for both races when they easily could’ve had qualifying makes the entire weekend pointless to watch. You literally cannot pass and this Dixon’s best track.

Does this race start in it's original timeslot or did they also changed times for it as well?

Shoot sorry. But...I can dream. Physics will likely endure my dream never sees fruition
Regardless there's no looming weather problem looming as there was last night, which fortunately held off and all laps were completed.

F1 had rain tires INDYCAR doesn’t?
I think oval racing is dangerous enough without doing it in the rain. Imagine how slick the black sections would be if they were wet. OK, admittedly that would be exciting, but they would certainly rear up a lot of stuff.

I think we are going to get the same kind of race as last night. Maybe the heat of the day will make it ever more slippery. Anyone who got two wheels into the black went right into the wall, so there's no way that got rubbered in. I really don't know what they can do about it besides race somewhere else that nascar doesn't put goo on the track.

I wouldn’t mind a Top 12 invert but can’t really go against the rule book without looking silly and catching heat for it.

The heat should provide some intriguing racing, no?

The heat should provide some intriguing racing, no?
It will probably heat up the stain even more and make it even more slick and unusable. On the other hand it will probably wear the tires more and might make it easier to make a mistake and create a run for someone else. Should be an extra stop with the longer race too.

The Halo/shield protection thingy has been one of the best things they have come up for safety in autosports. Admittedly I was iffy on them at first but they have proven to be life saving time and time again.

Back
Top Bottom